30 chic days: day 6

                         Image result for browns bay french cafe
                   (french cafe where I had lunch with Camellia) 

More chic days

Forgot to record what I wore yesterday: black silky trousers, black ballerinas. black poncho, teal merino jumper. I am now so aware that nearly everything that I wear is black! From doing the 30 chic days. So I popped into an op shop yesterday, which I now know can be chic, thanks to Ines de la Fressange, and found some antique looking (but not actually antique), dangling earrings with a tiny bit of pink glass, and some black patent leather high heels. Now I do know that black patent leather might not be chic, but I have always loved it. And a very nice apricot longish cardigan in a lightweight fabric. Perfect! 

I have spent a long time today trying to figure out what to wear so that I am not in so much black. I went to a talk with Camellia. So it took me about one hour to decide what to wear. I ended up wearing  blue distressed jeggings, muted royal blue jumper, black ballerinas just because no other shoes suited, and a very bright, old, tie dyed, red & pink, silky type scarf which I twirled into a thin shape first. I have had it for over 25 years. I went to a talk where people may, or may not, be dressed up. (as usual, it turned out that I was, actually, overdressed)

Learning how to look more chic

Camellia has told me to use dark blue eyeliner when I'm wearing black, to soften how I look. I think that everyone needs a Camellia in their life.

I also dyed my hair: no 6, light ash brown, which was recommended by a hairdresser & also by a colour stylist (colour me beautiful type). Yesterday I also had a hair trim. A bit too much came off, unfortunately. My hair is straight, baby fine, and doesn't hold a blow dry, so the best that I can ever hope for is a decent cut. Last week Camellia did my eyebrows, blue black, & it does look nice. I wouldn't have coloured my hair that day, as I like to do small changes at a time, which I feel is not such a shock for one's dearest & nearest. It's a gradual change rather than a big one whereby you suddenly look different.

Food and other chic things

What I ate: small piece of baguette and coffee for breakfast, half a small banana a few hours later, lunch at a french cafe in Browns bay, Auckland. A small pastry thing with ham & scallops: not too much, with a bit of cheese sauce. Tea. It was amazing. Dinner was leftovers from last night - lamb, kumura, parsnip, carrot and curly cabbage from the garden. Three yummy bran biscuits.

What I read: a few sites on facebook regarding french chic. A busy day, so not much spare time.

Movement: is racing at top speed across the countryside because you're late, movement? But I did yoga, breathing, meditation too.

My focus for the day was that I am quite set in my ways. As Raquel Welch says that she is, I feel that it's okay.  My focus was also on the talk by Dr Pooja that I was at this afternoon, on women and hormones, which was excellent. I ran into a former student there, which was so special. And I was focused on being chic. Of course.


Comments

  1. I haven't never considered patent leather unchic, I think like anything, it's how you wear something. From Veronique Vienne's book French Style, she says that the French girl likes to wear something unexpected or even bad taste, to 'shock the matrons' and to stop her outfits looking too staid. Enjoy your patent leather shoes, they sound fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment