Tidy house, tidy mind

                                           
                           Image result for vintage french magazine covers about housekeeping

Why be tidy?

Being tidier, makes me happier.  I am not a tidy freak, but I just find that organisation suits me better. And, when we are are looking for a better life, basically we can find out what suits us best, and just adapt it to suit ourselves.

I have been having a massive reorganisation effort. I don't actually have many belongings, and I am sharing a home. Nevertheless, I am responsible for my own "stuff", and it has been quite overwhelming trying to fit many of my belongings into mostly one room. So I have been living in disarray.

I finally bit the bullet, so to speak, and got myself into organisation mode. Why? I write, from home, and being very visual, I am distracted by things. Especially messy things. And I was being messy. I know that this doesn't apply to everyone, but for me, a tidy home does equal a tidy me. I am just more together when I am tidy, and all around me is tidy. I would love to be more creative and carefree in my home.... but I'm not that person.

And when I am a bit more organised, I write better. My diet is better, and I look more together. Just some things which I have noticed about myself. Yes, I know. Weird.

We all have our little ways of organising

But I'm not a completely disorganised person:

I have put most of my books and folders together. I already had one narrow bookcase filled, and now have done another narrow standing one, and a really tiny one.

I always store clothes which I am not currently using, and am about to store all of my summer scarves and such.

I organise things in categories. Yes, very anal. And so satisfying. It makes it easier to find things, and saves time. Including my books. They are all in sort-of-categories, like spiritual yoga, old fashioned posture books which I love, aura healing, Maori healing, etc. I am still trying to finish all of this, as I like my writing stuff to be close by when I'm writing.

I regularly go through my skin care and make-up, and today is bathroom day. Those bits and pieces which you might use, but never do. Out they go!

I even like things organised in the kitchen. It just makes life easier, for me. It is actually not my favourite room to hang out in, as I am not so much into cooking, these days.

Whenever I have a reorganise, I'm also having a biff-out. I do feel that the local hospice should give a loud cheer whenever I turn up, as I have donated so much over the years.

And, for me, I like to be simplistic when I'm sorting things out. K.I.S.S. Keep it simple, sweeties. I have more organising to do, before I am satisfied, but I still intend to not complicate things, as I go.

The problem is, with putting everything away, that I forget to use things. Like jewellery. All packed in a drawer, in cute wee boxes, but unused, because I forget to open the boxes. One place that I lived in, I hung a piece of thin elastic between two screws, and put my necklaces in a row, on the elastic. Whenever I opened my wardrobe, I'd see the necklaces hanging there, and would wear them.

And, I regularly go through my skin care and make-up boxes to see what I can use up, rather than buying more.

I don't think that everyone needs to be like me. But, I need to be like me. For my own life. And I guess that's the real message:

How do you like to live, for your life?


Comments

  1. The cathartic benefit of a good sort out and tidy up cannot be underestimated. It clears my mind and makes me calmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Eloise. Me too. And the very underestimated quality of feeling virtuous.

      Delete

Post a Comment