I learn Maori healing, and ancient teachings, and have been doing this for about ten years.
What is a Maori?
The indigenous people of New Zealand, are Maori, and Polynesian. One of the most interesting facets of the Maori race, is that the ancient teachings of the culture have been preserved and handed down through time. There is also an healing modality.
What is Maori healing?
It consists mainly of
- Romiromi: this involves the pressure points of our body, plus deep tissue massage, and manipulations. It works not only on our body, but also on our health, our emotions and our energy.
- Mirimiri includes light massage, talking with the client. Both therapeutic in their own right.
12 day journey of spiritual learning and healing
The group which I belong to, Te Maurea, is holding a residential journey of Maoritanga. Maoritanga is Maori culture, traditions, and way of life, in conjunction with Kawai Pura Pura.
Some of the traditions on this journey, are indeed, little known. Such as
- Maori martial arts
- Maori astronomy
- Maori healing. On this journey, we are teaching the first two levels of our Healing courses. With expert training and guidance
- Ancient Maori philosophy. Original teachings, going back through the mists of time.
And there is more
- visiting ancient Maori sites
- taking part in traditional ritual
- some of the course is in the beautiful archipelago, our Bay of Islands.
The link to the information about the journey, is here