letting go

                                  Related image    

Letting go

Letting go of what?  Of that which no longer serves oneself. I am at that stage. Yet again. I suspect that we all do it, from time to time. Sometimes knowingly. Other times. without even realising it.


2019 choices

I was thinking about what choices and focus to make for 2019. Whilst I realise that  probably everyone else has already done that, I hadn't. I knew what I wanted to do, but was unsure with some things about how to get them going, do them, and maintain.

Then, I realised that I just had to let go with a lot of things. Then I would have time and space to do what I what like to do in 2019. Create a void. A space for things to happen. Instead of that space being filled up with whatever was blocking me, my life. Or, lets be honest, whatever I was doing that allowed the blocking. 

And instead, cast my fate to the winds. Again. Sometimes it seems we just have to let go and step (bravely) into an abyss of uncertain outcomes. Yet knowing that it's the right thing to do.   

We don't always get what we want..... (rolling stones)

I am letting go of worrying about the outcome for quite a few things. I just can't go on always placating, doing my best, in some situations which never end and are just so exhausting, and we get so tired. I feel that this depletes our joi de vivre. Our life force seems to lessen. We compromise ourselves, which just doesn't make us feel good on an inner level. I don't want that anymore. Time to let go. Time to fly.

A close friend was saying how she deeply believes in things working out the way that they are meant to. I really appreciated this. It came at just the right time. As things do. Good and not so good. With beneficial outcomes. Or not.

So that's it. Let go. Let things work out. It's not always about ourselves.

But still, for us all, (talking about moi here), it can be difficult. It is in our nature to want, hope, that things work out a certain way. Especially when our heart is involved. I know that my heart is in many things: things that I love; that I do in my life; situations; people. I so want the best for everyone and every thing, not just moi-self (new franco-english word here). But who am I to decree that someone else's life, or a situation, should be a certain way? It's not a moi-iverse (me universe, where it's all about oneself).

The space of not giving any energy

I am privileged, and lucky, to study with a Maori healer. He often talks about not giving things which are not positive, any energy. By holding onto our own energy. Holding onto our own integrity. Centre oneself. This stops us "feeding" something. And this creates that void. For the magic to happen. For things to work themselves out, which is of course, the real magic. Then we don't "have" to do anything. Destiny does it for us. 


Whew! Time to take all this advice into my life, methinks. Look out, 2019.






                     



Comments

  1. It is hard to let go - it's something I'm trying to do, too. Letting go of possessions (especially the ones that have sentimental value), of certain emotions, of fears and worries, of expectations and dreams. After my cancer diagnosis, I am careful not to look too far into the future. Today is what I have. I try to live fully in today. I still hope for tomorrow (and next week and, maybe even next year), but, as I put away the Christmas decorations, yesterday and today, I wondered if I might be alive to take them out again, next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless, you are so wonderful. Some possessions I wish I had kept, as now I know that my children and grandchildren would have loved them. Little things.

      Delete

Post a Comment