Transformation




Transformation is the theme of April's Global Unity Festival. And I shall be doing a wee chitchat and meditation on Earth Elders, facebook, with my offering for this theme. 

In the late 1980s and early 1990s, quite a few of my friends got into the whole "improve yourself" and "get rich", scene. Apparently the two go together? (not...) A business that I had helped set up, funded everyone (except me and other mothers) to go to a big seminar to do with money. Then the "boss" endeavoured to hold similar meetings with the business people in said company. 

What a gosh-forsaken thing that turned out to be. Everyone was overworked anyway, and really resentful of having to go to these meetings. And fair enough that they felt this way. To be honest, I never saw any of the people who did all of the work, make any money for themselves. 

To me, that seminar was just another money making scheme for the promoters. Over the years, I saw it over and over in various situations. Where people forked out their hard earned dollars, to become "better", and "rich". 

What bothered me though, was - why were we all thinking that we had to be better? Why weren't we enough as we were? It seems to me, in retrospect, that we would have been better off learning what to do about our difficulties. Instead of trying to be "charismatic", and "special". But, you know, those were the times of getting hooked into all of that. 

Why did we feel that we needed to transform in this way? Would we be like butterflies emerging from a chrysalis in all of our glory? 

This honestly is one of my "don't get me started" topics. The hard sell, give me your cash that you worked so hard for, and you can be like me (the presenter). 

So if I feel this way, why am I taking part in transformation?

Ah. There are many other lovely easy ways to transform:

** one's life

** state of being

** physical health

** nutrition

** lifestyle

** hair, clothes, etc

** environment

And none of these require any of us to work hard to provide a cushy life for any charismatic people who "know the way".

And I am 100% into this. Totally. 

I guess that in many ways that's what this blog has always been about. Have a better, happier life. Empower ourselves by what we do.

What my talk is about - is something else though. It's a little secret technique. For inner and consequently, outer, transformation. Based on the knowledge that you are enough. 

Because we are.

** link to Earth Elders, facebook, here, for my talks and meditations. Click join to get onto the thread there, then click the search icon, and write Ratnamurti Saraswati, and the talks will come up

** link here, to Global Unity Festivals on facebook, for our live panel, 1st sunday of each month. Link here for our youtube channel, where you can watch at your leisure

Comments

  1. I am usually quite happy with who and what I am. I am always amused when people tell me I should do this or that (cut and color my hair, for example) to improve how I look and so forth. Hope you have great success with your presentations. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Bless. For me, it's about people feeling better about themselves, and also using spiritual techniques to enhance their life. And, yes, why do people do that? - telling people what to do about their appearance. Suss as.

      Delete

Post a Comment