colour me feng shui

                          Image result for feng shui dressing

Today I went to a colours, dressing, style, personality workshop with a woman who was with Colour Me Beautiful way back when. She then moved into her own colour system based on each clients own natural colours: eyes, hair, skin etc. So, this system has moved past the original format but although it sounds more complicated, it actually has the effect of simplifying how we buy, what we buy, including our makeup. I was so impressed. I am so going to get my colours done with the lady who put this all together, Bev Cole.

She is on facebook: Beverley Cole Custom Colour Analysis

websites are http://beverleycole.co.nz/ & www.stylessence.co.nz. 


We have personality types with how we dress

She then helped us see, for ourselves, by 1 of our accessories, what personality type we each are. You know: dramatic, classic, natural, romantic .....& I discovered I was a classic.....!! It just made so much sense. How could I could not see it for myself? Clean, simple, tailored lines, very few patterns. 

Definitely a classic. I recently read a book where the 4 seasons ...summer, autumn, winter, spring, had each been classified as a personality type, & according to this book, I would have been a dramatic. I think not. 

The lady next to me who had once been diagnosed as a winter (cool colouring) turned out to be of warm colouring, the old autumn (honestly you could see it), & was described as a "natural". A friend who is very creative was described as "creative"....no surprises, plus a "natural": she makes her own skin care, & has a gardening business, which Bev did not know.

Our bodies give clues about what to wear

And, according to Bev, our bodies tell us about the jewellery, textures, & patterns that are right for each of us. Also the structure of our clothes, whilst our unique personality adds extra elements....& this is also where we crossover into the feng shui aspect.

It's a system of expressing ourselves, outwardly

You end up with a whole book, a book of you. A whole system of external expression....I'm looking forward to getting mine. 

I've felt, for a long time, that if we have systems that suit us, on all levels, from clothes, makeup, hair, food, exercise, rest, to work, housework, all according to our our unique nature, preferences, time, & life, we then have the basis, the framework, to fully express ourselves. And then move onto doing what we would like to do in our life.

Plus....I'm meeting up with Bev, & my friend Carolyn de Silva with whom I've presented chakra & crystal workshops. We are putting together a new format for colour use in our lives, combining practical & mystical plus crystals. Most exciting.

Watch this space!!

,

Comments