I'm joining in with Fiona Ferris from Howtobechic. She is doing an end of year project, which for Fiona is decluttering and organising her life and home. We are on to week two. (I actually am a week behind on this blog).
Fiona suggests two steps to start with:
- decide what your project is
- and what is getting in the way of your desired vision
Often we are not even clear of what we want to do, let about think about what is stopping or hindering us. I am no different.
Fiona is doing this, in connection with having the home and life that she desires. Which she already has, but it's the functional living details which she says are in need of tidying up. You know, clearing out and tidying rooms, things we would like to do around the house, hobbies, clothes - the list can be endless really.
So what are our dreams and goals?
Sometimes, in fact many times, in my life, what I wanted wasn't a priority. These times happen. And, for me, it would be an unrewarding life if it was only about moi. One of the reasons I like to join in with Fiona is that in her own life, it's not just all about her either.
But, I do have hopes, dreams, and goals. It's coming to mid-October now, and my main focus for the rest of the year, is on:
- studying and doing my te reo Maori course. Only eight more weeks to go (panic!) Two more oral tests. Lots of singing. Loudly. More language structure. There have been so many obstacles for me to do deal with during the time that I have been studying, but I still managed to keep on going.
- I do have a couple of "secret" projects that I am working on. I have found that often it's best not to announce my intentions. Hopefully when my classes are finished for this year, I can work even more on these
- I'm working more on my blogs. Making new connections. On my other blog I'm going through some old yoga scriptures and translating them in a very user friendly practical way. And hopefully dispelling some myths. It seems to be a rite of passage for older yoga teachers to do this
- I'm working on my weight, fitness, health, and such. Making quiet adjustments to my lifestyle. I think that this will take a while. I was going full steam ahead at the beginning of 2018, and I'm still not happy at the obstacles which later blocked this.
- I don't need to work on my healing business, as people contact me from goodness-knows-where for my services. This didn't happen when I was living in a situation where I could not have regular clients. Which was quite difficult financially, (this is an understatement!) and very frustrating. But now that I am in my new abode, it's 100% full steam ahead
So, that's me.
what is getting in the way of the desired vision/s?
(aside from moi-self, that is!)
(aside from moi-self, that is!)
The current "blocks" for me with te reo Maori, my projects, and blogs, are all, at the moment, to do with:
- time. At the moment, my life is finding it hard to fit into the hours available.
- and organisation. I am that person who needs visual reminders, and structure. Without these two, I am "all over the place". So I need to, you know, get up at such and such a time, eat at this time, sleep at this time. I know that this can be boring for many people, but it does enable me to Get Things Done.
How I intend to deal with these is:
- have a couple of fixed days and nights for healing appointments
- I've been getting up early to study, as this seems to be the best time for me to learn. I have whatever I am studying out on my desk-table before I go to bed. So that as I walk past and see it all, I have a big reminder. Then I quickly "see" myself doing it. I end up doing it pronto, and it sets me up for class that day
- followed by some exercise. I'm not really doing enough so I shall just wait till the end of my course, this year, to add more. I'll have more time, then
- I have been organising myself on the food front, so that I have the foods that suit moi, at home, to keep me healthy. And (mostly) I've cut at sugar. But, at regular times, I can still hear the siren song of that annoying sugar, calling me, seducing me. Mostly I have been able to resist. I'm also having as many meals as possible at home
- I've moved my writing time to later in the day, and evenings, as it all flows better for me at this time. I found that early morning writing was using up my mental work time, and it was then too hard to switch to te reo in class each morning. And it seems that we are more creative when our mental energy is down, which for me is afternoons. When I put away my te reo study books (into my giant "school" bag), after morning study, I simultaneously put my computer on my desk right where I can't miss seeing it. My desk is small, antique, has a wooden intricate inlay on it's top surface. I love it. A gift from a friend (thanks Jenny)
So, is this a good time for you to look at
- decluttering and organising?
- your dreams, goals? I think that dreams and goals do fit into decluttering and organising. In fact, I can't even start anything until I've "cleared the decks"
- what is stopping your goals, organisation, decluttering, whatever?
Sometimes we just need to put a wee bit of thought into these things. Clarify them.