Friday, 16 October 2015
Tony Robbins has coached & inspired millions of people to be the best "them" that they can be, to succeed in life....whatever that success is to a person! To take control of their own destiny. And, I think, to be unique.
So, how can we do some Tony-isms to our advantage? Here are some of his suggestions that we can use:
1) get into great physical shape. If we are not (& I am not! but I'm certainly working on it) because so much winning...whatever that means to each of us, is mental & has to do with our attitude. It is so much easier to be sharp mentally & have a positive attitude when we are fit & healthy. We have more stamina to do whatever we need to do. We feel better about ourselves too.
2) have a good diet (that suits you) for the same reasons
3) there are behaviours & circumstances under which each of us "performs" best. What are yours? See if you can identify them & use them to your advantage.
4) in any situation, or something we are trying to achieve, whether it's habits, work, friend/family situation, job, finances: focus on something that you can do in the situation.
5) be practical & think things through, then
6) simplify things...that is do things in a simple & practical way to get them done, & to figure them out.
7) work towards positive results (remember that you can always change things if they don't work out - see my previous post)
8) what ever we are trying to do: build a system for it. (Then it's easier for things to be habits)
9) we each need our own personal fulfillment
10) be authentic, be who you want to be & in what you do.
11) be in charge of your own life, take charge of your own destiny, achieve your own goals. Of course this is also circumstantial, sometimes in life we have to put others first, such as when a close friend or family is unwell, when we have a new baby, for example. We do need also to be realistic.
12) all of this changes the "story" that we have about ourselves
13) Tony has a morning ritual that takes about 20 minutes that he calls "priming himself" for the day ahead, including a physical & breathing routine to change his "state" & then he "primes" gratitude, & finishes by focusing on 3 goals that he wants to accomplish. We might not have the time to do all this, but there are ways: we can think of something that we are grateful for as soon as we open our eyes. If our situation supports it, we can do a few exercises, or go for a walk...we could do our gratitude/goal thing then!
14) so these are Tony Robbin tools...translated into as simple a style as I can, of tools for breakthroughs in our lives, or, even just having a better life.
The next step of course, is to incorporate some of these Tony-gems in our lives.
Inspiration to socialise I was reading about a woman wh...
The inspiration for being Chic and Slim I have joined in on a facebook group which is...
I am looking today at making my life better. And why? Is th...
Not Great News I am not a happy punter. Back came 500 grams of the six kilos that I had myste...