Muses and mentors

                             
                             Image result for french vintage magazines muses

muse:     someone who is the source of inspiration (for something creative)
mentor: someone who advises or trains

mentors

I have had both muses and mentors, in my life. With healing, in particular. Not so many mentors, but a couple, over the years. I would definitely say that the first two people who taught me healing, over twenty-six years ago, were my mentors. Plus a Maori healer. Ironically it is I who has mentored others who are also healers. And with the yoga, most definitely. Publicly, as a yoga teacher trainer, and with teaching deep spirituality. I am always available on this level for anyone whom I've trained as a yoga teacher, or have taught deep spirituality to, as I firmly believe in being there for people. 

And no, seeing people as a source of income is not true mentoring, in my opinion. Of course we all have to come up with money to pay the rent and so on, and there are instances where I definitely do charge, for that reason. And I don't just hand out, willy-nilly. Not at all. For I also firmly believe that we all need to put in Time. Time teaching, time practicing, time doing whatever it is that one does. Putting in an earnest effort, as I don't just hand out advanced healing methods and knowledge. 

daily life mentors

On a life level, I do have my own 'secret mentors'. People who have no idea whatsoever, that they are secretly 'training' me. These are people who have it all sorted in an area where I do not. And I just take their advice, which I might read about (hello Elizabeth Hurley). Or, I might nosily ask someone something that they have got all sorted out, whereas I haven't. 

At present, I'm looking at restructuring my daily and weekly life. It's a rather full life, and in many ways is just overfill, so I do need to be organised. Which I am. Mostly. But sometimes I am not. And this is one of those times, so I do need to get some things sorted out. I am watching and listening to people whom I think have It All Sorted Out. In fact, they might not, but I as I am after tips at the moment, I just ignore this.

Some things that I am looking at with secret mentors, is organisation so that my life is, well, nice. It is nice, anyway, but why not make it even better?

  • I was getting so stressed out about exercise that I stopped it for a week. I want it to be unstressful. So I'm looking at ways and means to make it more pleasant
  • my meals have been All Over The Place. I could actually pre-plan this area, and I'm sure that I would save a few dollars doing so
  • and talking of money: eeks! some tidying up needed here
  • I have been given so many things that I now need a biff-out. Stuff and clutter do not go hand in hand with a nice life, for me
  • I'm starting a writing course soon and also want to keep studying te reo Maori during the holidays, so I shall have to be super organised, as
  • it's summer! I also need to go beaching 

muses

A muse is quite different from a mentor.  A muse inspires us creatively. But, I wonder, does a muse have to know that they are a muse? I think not. One of my most important healing muses, who had absolutely no idea that he was, was quite a few years ago. It was a male friend and every time that I gave him a clairvoyant reading or healing for him, I honestly would jump up a level as a reader and a healer. We spent quite a bit of time together, it was so magical, and it was a time of accelerated spiritual growth for me. For which I am very grateful. I have had other healing muses, too. And yes, none of them have known that they were. 

But as for me being a muse to someone, I'm not so sure. Maybe a long time ago with yoga, but not now. And being a muse with everyday life? Um. No. 

But anyway, this is a little mihi (thank you and acknowledgement) to all the muses and mentors whom I've known. And that includes you, too, Elizabeth Hurley. 







Comments