Another new year

about to attack my two birthday cakes

My birthday has come and gone.

Each birthday is a New Year in our life. To do with the alignment of the stars on that day

Years ago, my wonderful and talented eldest daughter made me aware of just how important  the day of our birthday is. A fact that I always mention if I do a birthday post about moi.

However the day of your birthday goes, sets the tone for the year until your next birthday. I have found this to be exceptionally true.

I really do need to stop trying to rearrange what the stars have in mind for my new year

Even when I've plotted and planned to have the day go the way that I want, whilst thinking "how smart am I, controlling my own destiny" 😆.  Whatever destiny, the stars, etc, have in store for me, will definitely start on my birthday, regardless of what I do to control things. All planning will have been for naught. Most annoying. 

As you know, last year's birthday was spent in hospital, recovering from a very serious operation. Now, I know that this isn't actually funny, but I can see the humour in that I have spent a lot of time, this past year, resting and recovering in my bed. Just as I did on the day of last year's birthday. That recovering period has only just finished. (Thank you, Universe). And, my astrologer told me after that operation, that it was not going to be a good year, and that the operation was part of it. She was 100% correct. Of course.

But I did get to celebrate my birthday

So, what was in store for my birthday this year? A family afternoon soiree. Adult offspring, grandsons and granddaughters (only two are not adults), sisters, nieces. And their partners. Even though a few couldn't come, it was still quite a few people. The extended family seem to have re-established the time-honoured kiwi ritual of "bring a plate". And for me, I also asked for no presents. (But I did get a few)

We did it in the weekend, a few days prior to the Annual Aligning Of The Stars on the auspicious birthday day. There was a howling gale for most of the day. What else would one expect in the spring? 


two sisters, two nieces, about four who are partners of family members. The rest are my descendants. Truly, awesomely, humbling. I kid you not. Lucky me.

I always used to have a birthday week, but this year I've been too busy to do that. However I shall be dropping hints here and there. Of course. And with no subtlety😀

So, do I have any hopes, dreams, goals for my new year? Of course. Some are just too private for a blog post, but here goes:

  • figure out how to be more computer savvy. I have heaps of writing on the deep spirituality that I know, and I'd love to share it
  • spend some time here and there in the countryside with my son and grand daughters
  • restore my yoga abilities. I'm not really interested in doing strange things like charismatic inventions of handstands, nor flying gracefully through the air into the bottom half of a push up , 😀but yes, more agility and strength which of course went haywire over the last two years. I have great faith in  the body's desire to be fit and well
  • be more organised. One of my quirks is that I don't operate that brilliantly when my home is not tidy, my papers are not filed properly, when I am not regular with sleep and food. But, I'm ever hopeful that I shall manage it

 

here for another birthday post. I just love the  photo with Mum, and my eldest who was probably about twelve at the time.

this has another photo from decades ago, from a day forever etched in my heart. 

post about decluttering. Which I have been majorly doing. Is this a spring thing? 











    Comments

    1. Happy birthday! How lovely to have your family around you to celebrate it together!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Happy belated birthday and wishing you the best of luck with your goals!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Joanne :). I need goals. Something to look forward to doing.

        Delete
    3. So glad you were able to celebrate your birthday with family. I hope this coming year is much more gentle on you than the past one and you accomplish your goals!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks, Laura. That was a big year that just passed

        Delete
    4. Happy, happy birthday! You are so blessed to have so many descendants! I think your goals are very good. I would love to incorporate more yoga into my day, but I seem to always forget!

      https://marshainthemiddle.com/

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. My hint would be to do ten minutes. Look on youtube for Barbara Currie 10 minute miracle. Very easy, very doable and effective. :)

        Delete
    5. A birthday week is a must, but with a family gathering like that, I'd take just a day. Hope you enjoyed yourself.
      Thanks for joining in with #pocolo

      ReplyDelete
    6. Thank you for linking up at Gma’sPhoto Tongue Tied Link party. However, I did not see where you provided the requested information of the images taken. What camera did you use, if edited, what software or apps used to make the edits. In addition of the missed information, there was no post comment luv given. It would be greatly appreciated should you choose to link up next week at the Tongue-Tied Thursday party. Thank you for following the party requests.

      Take care and best wishes.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Thanks, Debra. Usually I'm really diligent about the rules, but.... very naive about photography

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment