The Weight Loss Chronicles

The Weight Loss Chronicles

 before


a few months after my operation, bloated with a severe stomach infection


most recent photo

Update:

Hi, everyone. 

I've been absent for a while. Mainly because I have been having problems from the stomach saga, ( link here ) making me exhausted and not well. Hopefully, I am now on the up. 

I originally wrote this post a couple of months ago. But didn't publish it, as I felt that there could be some backlash. But, I'm finally "over myself", so here goes.

Well, after The Terrible Saga of The Travelling Twisting Stomach, a strange thing started to happen. I 100% knew that it would. 

I deflated. Rather quickly. Like a balloon slowly letting out air. Bloat from a non functioning digestive system, swollen from a body that had been pouring out nonstop cortisol to cope with what was happening inside of me, for decades. Stomach in crisis.

Hell's bells.

After my operation, I was pouring cream into my mushy soups, vegies and yoghurt, to hopefully not deflate too quickly. 

Down a couple of sizes. So far, down sixteen kilos. With more to go. You can really see the difference now. No effort required. I've had to give most of my clothes to the local op shops. They were swimming on me. I looked ridiculous. Because I'm quite short, I looked like a child playing dress-ups. I now have more bags of clothes to drop off at our local Hospice shop.

Don't get me started......

Having survived rapid weight gain years ago from what was happening inside of me, and which would not budge until after the operation, I am left with quite a bit of reflective sadness.

Honestly, when you're a yoga teacher and you put on weight, you just get trashed. Sadly. Interestingly, not often from anyone whom I taught, but yes there were times there too. In an occupation where one is acclaimed for being extremely slim, it was very difficult for me. The judgements were difficult. And mean, let's be honest here.

And, to be truthful, not all yoga teachers who are very slim, are that way with very little effort. Just saying.

Inner Strength

Being a healer and clairvoyant really helped me with this. One cannot be a healer without compassion, and depth of understanding.

However, I don't waste those attributes on people who are down on someone with excess weight, or other weight issues. We never truly know another's story. With healing, one comes across people with many crosses to bear, and this takes the healer away from their own problems. One's own difficulties just fade by comparison. 

I'm glad that I had inner strength and good values to help me cope with the weight issue. It was so difficult, spending all of my life being very slim, then suddenly the weight just piled on. In a most unusual manner. Mostly on my abdomen, but in more recent years, it spread to the rest of my body. Physically, I was falling apart, from The Travelling Twisting Stomach. But of course no one, including myself, knew what was really happening to me. 

Restoring my whole health

So, after all that has happened, this is the year of health overhaul. I mean, I was always doing that before, albeit unsuccessfully (obviously), but I'm doing it again, with a clean slate. I'm looking at:

** diet. This seems to be ongoing in terms of me discovering what I can and can't digest. The list of foods that cause me distress is quite big. I have found ways to keep the calories up, though, as I do feel that this is important.

** sleep. Over the unwell decades, my sleep regimes and patterns just went awry. I've been seriously working on this lately. To be honest, I slept the best that I had for most of my adult life, when I stayed with my eldest daughter after my operation. The Power of Love, it's just so healing. And I now go to bed reasonably early. Because sleep is just so restorative.

** social. I've resumed being out and about, but it took quite a while. It's important to connect with family and friends. 

** work. I'm now only teaching one yoga class a week, and I hope to keep on doing so. I love this class. We are all friends, so it's also an important part of my social life. I've also resumed healing at a clinic in the Titirangi Community Hall by the library, on Monday evenings, 6pm to 9pm. I also do spiritual readings there (not fortune telling), and hope to soon be doing the healing and readings from home, or online.

** exercise. I have had to have an honest look at this area. At the moment, I do best with short amounts of exercise. So I've been doing a lovely relaxing floor yoga routine in the evenings, followed by meditation. And in the morning, some yoga looseners, light weights, and yoga poses. I also have a stationary exercise bike, and am moving around, a lot, when I can, and to be honest, I still have a lot of days when I'm a bit under par. I honestly think that we each need to look at what is best for our situation and needs.

** looking ok. Chuckle. Of course a double Libran would write about this. Even on my unwell days, I find that I feel more positive if I put on a wee bit of makeup, and just look nice. For me, it really helps if I look ok each day. But that's just me. 

What do you do for health?

We are all so different. I am genuinely interested in what others do, for recovery or overall health.

So, what do you do?


link here  to a post about...me!!! And my Path in my life

link here to a post about restoring after unwellness

link here to my spirituality blog

Link to my talks and meditations on Earth Elders: here.  Click "join" if you haven't already, then click the search icon there, and enter "Ratnamurti Saraswati". 

Link to Global Unity Festivals on you tube, here. I'm in the Wave 1, Asia/Pacific episodes.

Link to a post explaining Global Unity Festivals, here  

Unfortunately, Global Unity Festivals are currently on a break.

Comments

  1. I'm so happy to see you are posting again! I'm so sorry about all the health issues you had to deal with, but, it sounds like you are on your way to restoring good health. I wish you continued success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. It has been such a saga, but I look forward to the end of it all, being not too far away xxxx

      Delete
  2. Love you my pretty mum xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment