this was the week that was

it was a "phew" week
because that's how that week was



sunset from my home over the beautiful Waitakere Ranges

life always ebbs and flows

Life just happens. And sometimes it's just great, it really is. But why oh why, does it have to accompany other, hard, stuff?

the fantastically wonderful stuff

So The Great was a new birth. I'm from a very large family. Originally I had six sisters (RIP to one of them, sadly) and a brother. As well there are extended family of other brothers and sisters. And we welcomed a little girl, who already has lots of little cousins. The New Wave of Souls. Actually she's my sixth grandchild, and I have a young great grandson. So that was very, very exciting. 

Little miss Pixie is being a Big Girl about it all. Not. She hid when she heard baby cry for the first time.  Mother is recovering amazingly. New Father is the sort of wonderful nurturing partner who is changing nappies, burping, doing all of the chores. There weren't too many of this sort of male around when I had babies. In fact, I didn't know any. I'm so glad that times have changed.

new life is the most wonderful happening

New life. So precious:
  • spring blossoms bursting forth
  • rain after a drought (it always seems like new life, to me)
  • the start of a new day. Dawn always seems like something new and exciting, in my moi-iverse. I sincerely hope to start yet again, rising just before dawn each morning. The solitude, the stillness then the special sounds of dawn, the higher level of prana (life force) in the air, the absolute beauty of the sun rising. New life, indeed
  • all of the animals and birds who are born. My eldest has a farm and welcomed unexpected lambs and chickens to the farmyard whanau (family) this spring, which of course was so lovely for daughter
  • and of course, human babies
the horrid stuff

Then there are The Other Things. I had extreme nerve pain throughout my whole head. All week. I could barely cope. Couldn't work. I was even going to drive to a hospital to get a large molar ripped out, in case it was just toothache. (I'm glad that I didn't). But instead, I had a romiromi (Maori healing) from a dear friend which helped a lot. Then, alas, a few days later, I was not handling my very sore head. 

Excruciating pain. So I went to a local Chinese acupuncturist  in desperation. The day of the birth, actually. As a healer, I'm always totally fascinated at what other healers do.  This incredible nosiness of mine helped to allay the oh-so painful but 100% amazingly beneficial  treatment, just a bit. My other "caving" thing was taking Panadol. And Pixie was staying, so Nurse Pixie helped heaps in the cuddling department. 


(happy to be at Granny's)

I have very little pain, now. It just ever so slowly went away. Very slowly. Not completely, but mostly. It teases me now and then by almost returning in full force. Then not. Just disappearing before it flowers. A real cliff hanger of pain situation. I now feel as though I have New Life.

I pretended that nothing was wrong, because, well, a daughter likes her mum close by when she's going through birthing.  And, honestly, that time was not about me!

I nearly lost my new book which I'm writing

My wee notebook computer crashed. I was trying to clear it's history because, um, I'd never done it. Which I now know is Bad. I think computer just couldn't cope with it all. It was so upsetting as my almost completed book was in that wee computer. Luckily I had (only just) saved it to one of the clouds. I had another small computer, so I got that up and running, and figured out how to retrieve my chapters. 

Mysteriously little notebook is now again going fantastically, so "phew". I hope to have the book finished soon.

more mishaps 

As well, friends had hard dramas, bad accidents, the flu, and so on. I like to Be There for my friends, but some days this past week, no, I was too sore to speak let alone think. 

Does anyone have any times like this? I'm sure it's just not moi. Any advice? Especially for neuralgia. And computer maintenance.





Comments

  1. I think that is what Life is - good and bad all mixed up together. I'm glad your head is feeling better. You have my sympathy as I used to suffer hormonal migraines that could put me out of action for days on end.
    Congratulations to the new mum and dad. New life is the best!
    What a relief to be able to save your book. I lost three years of photos in my last computer crash because my chief backup hard-drive also crashed. Cloud is much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for telling me that, although it's not good that you lost all of those photos. I was really nervous about cloud, thought it was some hi-tech thing, but no, for me it's just mr google.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the new baby! (((HUGS))) on all the other not-so-good to downright bad stuff. I am sorry to hear about the pain in your head and the computer stuff. I know next to nothing about computers, so I can't help at all. I hope things are getting better, now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. Pain is finally subsiding due to acupuncture.

      Delete
  3. Oh I sympathize re the neuralgia R, I haven't had that but guessing it's pretty similar to migraine, which I do get now and then, although not as much as I used to. You certainly were more adventurous in your efforts to get rid of it 😉 Huge congratulations on the arrival of your newest grandchild, how very exciting 💛 As far as computers go I am totally hopeless,if it wasn't knowing my hubby is there to fix any probs, I would give it up immediately 😀😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am chuckling as I read this. I am envious that you have someone lovely to turn to in your hour of computer need xxx The acupuncture did work but it took several days to kick in, it's still there but way, way, less

      Delete
  4. I hope the pain is sorted now - that sounds very concerning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was. I shall go to the dentist for a check-up as well. Just a lot of stress really, which has decided to disappear, so the pain has gone down so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you didn't lose the book! I'm so ready for spring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one heck of a week - but I hope you are healing well and I hope the new baby and parents are doing well (how utterly fabulous - just so lovely and exciting for everyone). I never used to be a morning person - but now gravel-guy lives away I am no longer sleep deprived because of his snoring and very excited by early morning, it feels like the universes special secret somehow. As for disaster -yes things come in waves, I totally believe that - but be strong and keep well and fulfilled. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Juliet. yeah, weird how a bit of sleep makes us more alive in mornings, a lesson I'm working hard at learning

      Delete
  8. Thankful to read your pain subsided. And that you didn't lose your book completely. I don't understand these Internet clouds but thank God for them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I don't understand them either, then I decided, rightly or wrongly, that they are like clouds in the sky floating through a different atmosphere which I believe is called cyberspace

      Delete
  9. Oh, Congratulations on your new baby human, Ratnamurti! That is so exciting. But as you well know, all the good things are accompanied by the bad! I am so sorry you had so much pain to deal with. I was sick this week and tried so hard to treat it naturally but eventually I had to give in and go to the doctor. I hope you have smoother waters going forward, my friend. Thanks for sharing and linking up.
    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelbee i thing that I am on the mend and I 100% hope that you are too xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment