30 chic days: day 8 with Angelina Jolie.

Joining in on Fiona Ferris's 30 chic days. See all about it on fiona's lovely site: howtobechic.com or look on her facebook page. You can also get the first three chapters of her latest book for free from her website.

Still queasy today so did barely anything that I had planned. I wore black slender, but fluid, trousers, black ballerinas, and pink slippers at home. A black, woollen, plain, armani, tee shirt that I got quite a few years ago from an op shop. It is proof that quality lasts, because I wear it a lot, and just toss it into the washing machine. A muted fuschia cardigan. Just a wee bit of make-up. As usual.

I ate french bread for breakfast and have banned myself from buying any more! It is not chic to eat so much bread. A meal I'd frozen, for lunch. Just a stew and vegie thing with the very last bit of french bread. And a defiant meal of fish and chips. Hot milk before bed.

Is my home chic?

I have been thinking a lot about chic-ness. My home is probably more slightly quirky than chic. But that's just me, with a few treasured things here & there. I am also always getting rid of things, as I feel that clutter is not chic. Being pleasant, interested in others, these are chic. Being clean & tidy. Flowers. Nice smells.

Men can be chic, too

I was chatting with a friend at the local cafe. My gosh, he is casual male-chic! I loved how he was dressed: stubble; a dark grey, tweedy overcoat; black teeshirt under a navy, v-neck, fitted jumper; dark denim jeans & brown belt; brown, lace-up, suede-look shoes. I was envious. I loved the look.

                             Related image

Angelina Jolie is chic

And I googled. Yet again. This time to make a serious study of Angelina Jolie's style. Angelina has always looked different from other actresses, and I often wonder if it's because she was brought up by her french mother. Angelina frequently embodies chic dressing in her everyday life. 

  • her working wardrobe is based on black, navy, grey & white
  • she has a uniform of a loose top, tee, or jumper, black fitted trousers
  • she often wears shawls
  • her shoes are often black or nude, ballerinas, or plain pumps. Or sandals. 
  • her wardrobe and shoes may be Yves Saint Laurent, but the style of them all can be duplicated quite easily and cheaply
  • her hair is long and simple. It just looks nice
  • plain black sunnies, plain bag. 
The main thing is: everything is simple, fitted, classy, and chic. I like it. I do often dress that way too. And Angelina has never been overweight. Although she can be a bit too underweight. She says that she likes to keep moving, and that's why she doesn't enjoy yoga, because you have to slow down (chuckle. I am a yoga teacher)

I have worked out a nice eating routine and shall start it tomorrow. The main thing I am being very aware of is: when it's all written down, you get to see what you are doing right. And the errors! But it is also inspiring.



Comments

  1. Ooh, I'm loving your realisations, they are so juicy!

    Your male friend sounds tres stylish too. He was wearing navy and black, which you wear too, now imagine finding some female shoes in brown suede? I have a few males in my chic inspiration document, because there are some guys who look so pulled together without realising it. You're right, it IS inspiring!

    Your observations of Angelina are great too, she definitely has a simple chic look going on, and I never considered that it could be linked to her French mother.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment