one week restore: reboot

 why restore?

because I really, truly needed to -

as I hadn't been at my best 


(with my dear friend, Aunty, R.I.P.)

And who says that we have to be at our best anyway? Living our dreams, being full of vitality, looking and feeling great? With an amazing life. And so on. Social media style. Life is full of "stuff", destiny, happenings. It's quite impossible for things to always be perfect. 

And for moi, I've noticed that when life is busy and has purpose, and even with just some things working out okay, the "perfect life" is just not so important.

But I do know that I'd been under par. So much happening. Purposeful yes, but overly so. I needed to reboot myself on so many levels to get up back to scratch. Like a car needing a jump start to get the engine ticking again. And astrologically speaking, with mars in scorpio on the midheaven in my chart, I can and do manage to summon up the drive and energy to do most things. 

Actually - I'm now wondering if that astrology tidbit was too much info...... it honestly is quite an intense thing to live with. I'm like the "have to" do this and that, person. 

So, first step in the reboot was a visit to my friends Debbie Wymer and Mark Stitt for a romiromi (Maori healing) session. It was amazing. I felt so happy and reborn after. All of my aches and pains were gone, especially my seriously painful back, which was a major under par factor. We celebrated after at the local cafe with a coffee and nibble. As you do. 

Debbie has a romiromi koha (donation) clinic, in Titirangi Community House in the library carpark, Monday evenings at 6pm. She and her husband are a fantastic partnership. They are very, very, good healers. I work there too, donating my time, energy, and love of healing. I also do it at my home. 

So these were my first reboots for restoration of moi:

  • having a romiromi session
  • connecting with friends
I suppose you could say: start a restoring reboot with one or two things that:
  • restore
  • make you feel good
Obviously, yours will be different from mine. I could have done:
  • a pedicure which of course I love
  • gone on a ferry ride in our lovely Auckland harbour
  • gone to a wild west beach which are amazing, and, well, they are really wild
  • or a eastern harbour beach which are peaceful and restorative and I do intend to do quite a bit of this
  • gone to a show
  • met up with friends or family for laughter and food - which I actually have been doing
Honestly, there is always so much one can do. It doesn't have to be about spending money. What do you do? That matters to you? Restores and reboots?

Myself, I feel that's it great to give a small amount of time and attention to oneself, here and there. 


Comments

  1. I am glad you were able to find some restoration time for yourself. I am increasingly seeking out a slower pace in life, while getting a bit annoyed with myself for doing so! I used to be able to handle multiple things going on in my life, but, these days, I seem to get overwhelmed quickly and when I do, I tend to shut down. So, I'm striving to keep the stress levels down and doing one thing at a time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We multi-taskers do so much, but yes, I agree, one thong at a time - and slow down xxx take care Bless

      Delete
  2. It's so important to have self care during these crazy time. I just a massage a couple of days ago and I journal every day.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do a type of healing which includes lymphatic massage, and one feels so fantastic afterwards.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post and such a wonderful reminder that we all need to reboot every now and then. I have been so stressed lately with that "must do all the things" mentality. Like if I am not being productive, I feel completely useless which then inhibits my relaxation time because I can't let the things go. However, I am getting so much better in the past few weeks with letting the to-do list go unless it is absolutely necessary! My brain hurts, my body is tired, and my emotions are all out of whack. But Mercury is in retrograde and I have PMS so things are bound to get wonky! I need to visit my reiki healer soon! In fact, I may call her today and set something up. Thanks for sharing your inspiring words and linking with me, my beautiful friend!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a must to link with you Shelbee, and follow you on twitter. I love the quotes you put up. Take care xxxx

      Delete
  4. It sounds a lovely and positive thing to experience, it sounds perfect as a way to rebalance yourself so I am so glad you did this. That's one of the things I miss about NZ, the opportunity to share things like this. How do I de-stress? I go tree watching (any opportunity to be near trees/woodland), preferably near water but trees - shinrin yoko is actually a thing :) I guess it is all about getting rid of the extra load and just re-centering ourselves isnt it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment