the big shop

                              
Image result for witty saying about shopping


I have done A Big Shopping Expedition. But, because I actually dislike shopping, and am really not good at it, it was really only a wee incomplete Big Shop. And, therefore, another is in order.

How has this come about? Me, gasp! actually going shopping. It was a 'needs must', situation. As I unpacked my belongings in wee cabin, I noticed some things:

  • I didn't have enough warm clothes, and, I was so cold! Plus, frankly, my winter gear was tatty. Out a lot of it went. I bought a new pair of warm trousers, in black, of course; a wee red poncho/cape; a red jumper; and a teal green jumper. I just love strong jewel colours
  • my wee tootsies were cold. I really do have tiny feet, which is usually a source of amusement for other people. So, I bought some sneakers, and some ankle booties with heels. I had a look at the nice (expensive) sneakers and booties, and just got overwhelmed. Then, when I was in The Warehouse, the exact wee boots that I wanted caught my eye! Most satisfying purchases
  • I actually went there to buy some storage stuff for wee cabin, because I have no-where really to stash stuff. But hey, tomorrow is another day, and I can do this another day
  • I recently bought another stand up small oil heater, to deal with the lovely freezing cold. And I assembled my first ever 'thing', because I had to put wheels on the bottom. So I did. Upside down. And it took me ages to manage this
  • and this is nothing to do with anything, but, I found some nutella which is not made with palm oil. So delicious. I spend ages in shops, generally being a nuisance, reading labels to make sure that I am not buying anything that would harm an orangutan. Truly. This matters a lot to me. And I also avail myself of a good peruse of those junky 'women's magazines', which I don't buy.
So, who are these people who love shopping? I am not one of them. But, it was explained to me one day, by a very canny and savvy woman: when you go shopping for clothes, you are trying them on to see what suits you. Then, when the sales come around, if you really do need something, you already know what to buy. (It honestly amazes me that I have a daughter who is a good shopper)

Over the past few months I did some op-shopping with a sister. I find that I get a bit out of hand in those shops, and come out with lots of things that I don't need, and generally never use. Then back they go, as donations. So ridiculous. I now am avoiding browsing in them, but, with all of my unpacking, I am still gathering a lot of things to drop off. Wee cabin is just too wee for me to have much. 





Comments