once more unto the breech dear friends

venturing forth
(albiet a tad nervously)


(One of the best things of the later part of the lockdown, was - go up a couple of steps onto the back yard veranda to pick feijoas from a giant tree. My fave fruit)

So, life is resuming here in Godzone (New Zealand). Surely although slowly. I have now sallied forth quite a few times. Such bravery! I have gone from isolation to a ridiculous amount of going out, in just a couple of weeks:
  • catch up for a few hours with some healer friends which was fantastic
  • readings and yoga classes. I gave zoom classes during levels 2, 3, and 4 of the lockdown
  • big family lunch for a grand daughter's twenty-first
  • brunch with other grand daughters
  • catching up with a few friends here and there
  • a couple of supermarket visits. Weirdly, this was a biggie
  • lots of visits to my new best friend: little grand daughter who is four months old. She has snuggles with granny, proudly shows me all of her new things that she can do, tells me everything including sad and also funny things, and has even sang for me. I know, heartmelt
Strangely, I now crave more solitude. As a bit of an introvert, I really do need time alone, and lots of quiet time. Grandchildren excepting, of course. We introverts get revived, refreshed, when we don't talk. Which I'm sure is really strange to hear.  

So much has happened. For everyone. And so many changes made. For me
  • my home looks and feels different somehow. I have re-established my love of space and lack of clutter
  • during lockdown, I got up earlier and earlier, which I love
  • somehow I became even more organised, which also suits me
  • we won't even mention my hair.....
I have been wondering who else has made permanent changes from the imposed reflective period of lockdown. 





Comments

  1. That backyard area looks so serene and secluded! I thought it was some sort of resort area!

    How wonderful to be able to go out and get together with family and friends, again! Your little granddaughter sounds precious.

    Sigh. I wish I could say my house and I are more organized, but, that hasn't happened here! If anything, my house has becomes a little more disorganized and my sleep schedule has totally flip flopped! I am up practically all night and go to sleep at dawn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, chuckle, it's just where I live, in a very un-posh area. Wee flossie is a delight.

      Delete
  2. Great post, my friend! I have spent so much time in reflective thought these past few months. Maybe too much time. But I don't know if that is a thing. I think reflection is so healthy in helping us to move forward. And yes, as an introvert, I need lots of recovery time after socializing. Trying to get my friends to understand that is an ongoing battle. But thankfully, my husband gets it and will make my excuses when necessary! Thanks for linking up. Enjoy all of those wonderful grand baby moments!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelbee. I do feel that some of us just need space to let the thoughts roll and sort themselves out.

      Delete
  3. Your back yard looks gorgeous!
    Like you, I've been waking up even earlier during lockdown. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This garden is more "structured", Vix, but I do love the English style of plants growing in a less formal fashion, as in yours.

      Delete
  4. That's a beautiful photo. I love feijoas! Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with your visits. I just applied red henna to my hair. It needs a trim, so I wear it up. Your grand daughter sounds so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she is a sweet girl, Stephenie. I'd love to go back to wearing henna, however I think I just have too much dye residue in my hair. You really do suit your hair up, too.

      Delete

Post a Comment