back into Lockdown

turning Lockdown Blues
into Lockdown Choose

sunny days, lavender blooming in the back yard, bees buzzing - lovely

Lockdown in Auckland, New Zealand, again. Not at the most full-on level, but still stay-at-home Auckland. For a few days, but hey, it could be more.

Europe has been experiencing the phenomena of new cases "just popping up", so why not us? On our isolated islands. We have been so much luckier that the rest of the world. Big thank yous, (nga mihi) to Jacinda Ardern.

I am determined to do this differently, even if it does turn out to only be until August 26th. The first time around, I started the Lockdown really unwell from major food poisoning, and it took weeks to restore myself. And I was so concerned for a couple of people who are close to me, and were high risk, so yeah, not the easiest of times. 

Now I guess that I am more philosophical. What will be, will be. And I am choosing to be so more positive and less worrying this time around. 

My days of Lockdown are going to be some boring but necessary things. Like:
  • organising some of my "files". I am the paper queen. One of my daughters has firmly requested that I do not leave her any paper things when it's my time to leave this life
  • going for walks. I have a dodgy foot that, well, gets very sore and dodgy, but I shall tromp through this inconvenience
  • longish yoga sessions
  • making soup. My winter staple
  • catching up with blogland
  • getting on top of everything that I need to do for my life
Heaps to do!! And enjoying the opportunity to do these things. 

So these are the new Days Of My Life.













Comments

  1. Until we get a vaccine I expect this is how life will be with sporadic lockdowns. We'll get there in the end.
    Love your lavender! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe that you are correct, Vix. I am so thrilled that I have lavender, it's such a charming plant.

      Delete
  2. Sounds good to me! I'm still staying home even though they lifted the lockdown weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big chuckles, Bless. Yes, great idea. I'm with you on this xxx

      Delete
  3. Well what can we do when there are outbreaks - we can only do our bit and hope for the best. After the first time I guess we can be better prepared physically and mentally but really we just have to go with it - we have done it before so we can do these things again. I think NZ has a much more collectivist approach than here in the UK - there really is a sense that people try and pull together which is just inspiring. Keep strong and keep well friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting comments. Here the reality of family (whanau) is very strong and that extends to everyone. So when I studied to Reo Maori (Maori language) we all were whanau to each other. Plus our Prime Minister reminded everyone to be kind, every day on the updates of the virus. Which is so amazing that a leader has the caring to do that xxxx

      Delete

Post a Comment