Another day, another tune...

But in reality, another week.


Rongoa plant balms... especially for winter. Good range of balms and oils.

Maori Healing clinic

A couple of weeks ago, where we do our mahi (work) was closed due to an electrical fault. But... we hadn't been notified. One of the healers stuck a notice on the outside wall, saying that we were doing from her house that night. I did the social media thing to let people know, post haste. 

It worked!! Amazingly, we had people turn up! We had such a great night, everyone stayed for laughter and kai (food). 

But we are now back at the Titirangi Community House, in the library grounds. Our healers are loving the new Wairua (spiritual) learnings they are having, and it has jumped everyone's healing up, to another level. I could say that it has bumped up the healings but no, it's a big jump. I'm so proud of everyone.

I truly believe that knowledge must be passed on as we become older. 



Most of the crystals that we sell in the clinic are from Aotearoa New Zealand

Update on the ole puku (stomach)

It has taken nearly two years for my stomach to calm down. It has not been easy and even now. I still get reactions, some very unpleasant, from a new food, or something that I haven't eaten for a while. Still trial and error. I actually am still a bit scared of eating some foods, like vinegar, acidic oranges, soya sauce, lamb. I don't handle pulses and legumes too well, now, either. And I can have about three quarters of an egg per week 😃. The PTSD regarding eggs has subsided. I can also now eat some raw vegetables. 

The happiest news for me, is that I can now have weak coffee. (be still, my beating heart...)

I have given up on no snacking and only three meals, and gone back to little and often. Because not eating for hours makes my stomach too acidic. It's not a good situation, as this makes me unwell. And eating too much at a time makes me exhausted. I wonder if it's because I can only digest a small amount at a time. 

I am just eating real food. Cutting out, as much as possible, additives, colourings, preservatives, has given an incredible results. Even making my own bread has made a dramatic difference.

The other thing is asking myself "is it nutritious?" regarding whatever is going into my mouth. This, and the real food creed, are both from nutritionist Monica Grenfell. Monica also suggests the nutritious thing rather than calories, macros, points or whatever is the latest craze. Unfortunately, most information has recently been removed from her health and wellness website.

The feeding of just oneself

I wrote about this recently. Especially in connection with having to watch one's $. I seriously think that we often over complicate things, including food. 

Quite often I'll meet up with a friend at a cafe. I do get a bit depressed at the huge baked goods and colossal sandwiches. I think that they are gross. And the meals are  ridiculously big. So what I do, and admittedly this is a cheaper way to be at a cafe, is to order a kid's meal. Perfect size for my tummy. You can also ask if there are small meals or half size ones. Another option is just to order a two or three of sides. I have chai or a cuppa, and water. If money is tight, there are always ways to maneuver around this. A friend often just has a monster size flat white coffee (coffee soup) and lots of water. 

It can be a big shock learning how to eat on a reduced income. I already had a lot of experience with feeding children when money was low. And I'm quite thrifty anyway, so it wasn't such a dramatic shock for me.

The (budget) Chic Files

My skin colour changed after my operation. I feel that's it's because the inflammation caused by a travelling twisted stomach, gave a different undertone to my skin. (I could be wrong, of course). I saw the same thing regarding skin tone in a friend who had an operation which had stopped inflammation.

All of my soft and muted clothes that I had been wearing are now depressing me. I am back to bold, and lots of black. (black is still the new black. Seriously). I often keep clothes "just because", or "just in case", so I've been able to rummage around what I had stashed away and re-colour myself rather cheaply. I also recently scored a bright navy, pink and white flimsy throwover shirt-waister for summer, and a black, white and purple cardi, both from a friend who wasn't using them. As well as a fuchsia jumper at a sale. I truly do not believe that we have to spend a lot of $ to dress nicely. 

I am ok being thrifty with myself. Of course I've had times when the money situation was dire. But being thrifty has enabled me to live debt free, and over the years I have travelled, admittedly it was always on a very low budget, but I did manage to do it, paid straight up for computers (just went without until I'd saved $ for a good sale price), cars (sometimes not the best, but, hey, they still worked), etc. And all of this gives me peace of mind. I'm also be able to be generous to others. 

And I'm sure than most of us have tales to tell about difficult times with finances. 

Link to Global Unity Festivals on you tube, here. I'm in the Wave 1, Asia/Pacific episodes.

Link to a post explaining Global Unity Festivals, here  

link here about the two types of healing that I do at our clinic

about our clinic here

link to a post about budgeting here




 

Comments

  1. It sounds like you are doing well, overall. I enjoy reading about all the healing you do and your life as it unfolds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bless. It has been a journey to recovery. And I do love healing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment