one week restore: day 1

one week restore
day one
attitude

(photo from Unsplash)

what? why? 

I'm not too sure "what" yet. I just feel in need of a turnaround of Moi. And my life. In just a small way. Getting back on course. Which of course, is the "why".

And I feel that attitude is such a good start. Well, it's my only thing on the agenda for restoration, at the moment.

I always thought that attitude was an "inside" thing. But, I wonder, is it perhaps external, in that people can "see" what and how our attitude is? Maybe the outside conveys how we are on the inside. How?
  • by the way that we carry ourself, meaning our posture, how we sit, walk, and move
  • our mannerisms which I do think can be a bit more subtle sometimes
  • the way that we speak which includes tone of voice and the look on our face
  • the way that we respond to others, which can be speech, facial expressions, body language. Honestly, sometimes we have no idea that just these alone can communicate so much about our attitiude. 
I really can't handle the ole "thought police" mentality. Of oneself, and of others. 

For ourselves, we have more than a gazillion (which is a lot) thoughts going through our mind every day. Imagine what chaos there would be if we tried to police them. We would go nutty.

And this is why I am so against the mindfulness attitude of being aware of all of our thoughts. Insanity!!

And you know, who are we to go around policing others about what they might be thinking. And yet, so many do. 

There have been a few times in my life when I've had a go at people's attitude and behaviour to me, when it has been outright mean. But otherwise? I really can't be bothered anymore. I'd rather just remove myself and have a nicer life.

I'd rather sort myself out, by myself, instead of expending my energy being the attitude police to others.

Now, what am I intending to do, for Moi, in my own moi-iverse, about my own attitude? Without being nutty, of course.
  • posture checks now and then throughout the day. I've just made myself sit up tall whilst I'm typing, so that's a nice start
  • facial expression. Is it relaxed? Is it pleasant without being, you know, weird?
  • how I communicate with others. I'm donating my time at a healing clinic tonight, which I do love, so I know for sure that my attitude will be really good then, but hey, there are all of those other hours too
  • mannerisms  - okay this might be what I forget to do, so probably I'll just check in on this throughout my day
What about you? What do you think of all of this? I'm not into doing it for being the perfect Moi, no that is too obsessive for me, I'm doing it to have a better quality of life. 
And so that those around me have a less stressful life. I want to be an asset to those whom I care about.

So that's moi, with day one.

Comments

  1. I love your ideas for improving your attitude, I may have to follow suit. It makes a refreshing change to focus on our own shortcomings and work towards changing them rather than obsess about other people's, something we can do nothing about. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, Vix. One of the reasons that I love your blog is that it's so upbeat and honest

      Delete

Post a Comment