Renew: getting Life back into order

An ordered life

I seriously do believe in having an ordered life.

Why? Part of it has to do with rhythm. Of nature. Of life cycles. Our internal clocks which regulate our own personal rhythms and hormones. 

I know that I thrive this way

But, lately, for me, my life has been ordered in many ways, but also disordered. I find it so hard to follow my dreams, passions and such when things are not in order. I'm actually not a cleanliness nor tidy freak. I just like things to have their place, and be tidy-ish and regularly cleaned. I know that I'm not alone with this. And when you live in a one bedroom flat, it only takes a few things to be left lying around, to make things look really messy. 😒

I recently had a big biff out of almost half of my books. I was starting to have tidy piles of them everywhere. Very disconcerting for a visual person. So, I made a new rule: going through one area or cupboard at a time, clearing, cleaning, organising. I find that doing this in ten to fifteen minute blocks, here and there, is one hundred percent doable and not at all daunting. Whereas if I try to do everything at once, it just becomes overwhelming and doesn't get done. 

Seriously, even my wardrobe used to be very systemised. Then the door fell off it's roller thingey, got jammed, and I couldn't reach my clothes. Not to forget the terror of the stuck door crashing down on my head as I reached into the wardrobe trying to squash my arm in, looking for something to wear. 😟Now that it's fixed, and autumn has now settled in, I'll be doing another sorting out of clothes, and hanging them due to type, such as short tees, long tees, jumpers, jackets, coats, etc, etc, from black through to light. I found that this saves me time and reduces dressing angst. Or.... is extremely anal.... 😅

Does anyone have wee habit-hints for an ordered life? (I actually have tons but am always on the lookout for better ones 😉)




Monica Grenfell

I've been following Monica for years on Facebook. She's a clinical dietitian and author, especially about nutrition. I have five of her books and her nutrition advice helped me so much with coping as my health and weight went mysteriously belly-up for years. She's doing a ninety day tune-up and at the moment it's mainly about diet, weight, health - quite a few things actually. I'm using her advice to calm down my stomach which although it's now untwisted and sewn back in place, was still being very temperamental, and not at all in a good way (massive understatement, by the way). My appetite and blood sugar have stabilised, and my tummy is a lot better behaved. After only a couple of weeks. I'm so impressed. And grateful. 

I had been reading one of her books, and realised that my eating habits had become over the place. For quite a while. I would say "disordered". Monica was writing about how our body loves order.... a big wake up call for me, especially as I'm frequently rabbiting on and on about it. Then I saw what she was doing on her Facebook site, and was so pleased. Auspicious timing, I felt.  

What I like about Monica, is that she's very kind, has a no nonsense approach with habits and food, has decades of experience, and is truly not selling anything. I really recommend her, you end up eating real food and having healthy habits. It actually reminds me of how we ate decades ago, before we got seduced by fake food. I'll be following up with my progress. I'm sure that it will be useful. 


Monica's link: here

Link to my spiritual blog here

A post about diet here

Posts about routines here and here


Comments

  1. I like a neat and tidy environment as it is calming for the mind. My husband and I have moved several times and each time we have tried to declutter. I'm happy where we are at the moment. Thanks for introducing Monica and her ideas. We appreciate you sharing with us at #weekendtrafficjamreboot . Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment