Still the name of the game


I just couldn't resist these from Carolyn de Silva. Left is Kawakawa Creme which I love to use at nights. It regenerates the skin. And you probably can't see the tiny quartz sliver in that bow. Middle is Rose oil. My favourite fragrance. Seriously. There is some dried rose inside the bottle, and a teeny dried rose tied to the front. So cute. Right is Kawakawa balm. I always have it, and it's always Carolyn's. 

Renew is still The Name Of The Game

I have been looking at some things that have really mattered to me in the past. That I loved. And renew my interest in them. And one of these was making skin care, and love oils. I wouldn't do it now to make money from, because there is so much skin care out there. And here, in Aotearoa New Zealand, there are plant balms and oils everywhere. I often use a kawakawa night cream for dry skin, which has essential oils and shea butter, made by my friend, Carolyn de Silva. Plus it has a wee crystal. You can find it here. It's the best. And of course, it's in the photo above.

my creme career

I used to make creams and lotions when I was a young mum. And then again about thirty years after when I was a working solo mother. Just as a side line. Nowadays you can get all sorts of things to help make creams, lotions, oil mixes and soaps. Including "natural" preservatives. But the two times that I was doing it, you just couldn't. So I had to be quite innovative. I actually can't remember what I used to do in the early years of so long ago, but in the second round, I made cleansers, moisturisers, and love oils. I sold some of them at my yoga business, at yoga classes, and in a shop that I loved, called Dragonspace, owned by a friend, Paula. She was immersed in witchcraft and I went to a couple of things that she was doing. Ceremonies. They were truly lovely, they really were. Paula had a way of making these occasions beautiful, with plants, flowers, incense. So feminine. She taught me how to use a particular tincture in the creams, and how to "charm" them. Which of course, Libran me was right into. 

When I was a solo mum, I initially used chemists creams, like non ionic cream. Others were using aqueous cream. And these days, fatty cream is really popular as a body butter and face cream. When I was younger I was really snobby about these, and would never have used them. But I grew up on this level😉and was happy to use them on my second round of making skin care. I tell you, they did make nice creams. I later found a recipe without beeswax nor any other type of emulsifier, which I used, and I'm currently trying to recreate it. For my own use, but so far.... I haven't gotten it right. Years ago, I eventually found a source of a natural base which was a  nice consistency, and I used to make my concoctions from this. 

I added bits and pieces, depending on what the creams were for, and essential oils. 

Anyways, I decided to start by doctoring some Nivea Soft creme that I had. Adding some wheat germ oil, which I do love, and some Rose and Ylang Ylang essential oils. Bliss. Absolute bliss. The smell, the feel. You do have to muck around a bit to create the consistency and smell that you're after. 

Next I made some hair repair oil using olive, jojoba and wheatgerm oils, with essential oils of rosemary, lavender and geranium. I'm really excited to be doing all of this again. I smell divine wafting around with this oil rubbed into my hair, before washing it.

For the Love Oils that I did a couple of decades ago, I used olde Magick recipes, and have decided to redo Paula's most famous one (it's not one of mine), aptly called Goddess of Love. Just for my own use, as a body oil. It will take a bit of working out. I would direct you all to Paula, but I have no idea where she is, we lost contact many years ago.

So I can honestly say that Renew in this instance, is about renewing interest in things that I have loved doing. Now that I'm (slowly, unfortunately) getting much better, I have more energy to do this. Lucky me.

And, I'm definitely interested in others' things that they love to do. Hobbies?

Link to my talks and meditations on Earth Elders: here.  Click "join" if you haven't already, then click the search icon there, and enter "Ratnamurti Saraswati". 

Link to Global Unity Festivals on you tube, here. I'm in the Wave 1, Asia/Pacific episodes.

Link to a post explaining Global Unity Festivals, here  

Also find me

** facebook

** swami ratnamurti/facebook

** twitter

** instagram

** pinterest

** spiritual blog


You might also be interested in these links:

here for budget beauty and how to make rose water

here for Titirangi Healing Clinic



Comments

Post a Comment