Hi, I've been absent awhile. Again. But eager to reconnect
A lot has happened. Of course. For everyone. One of the things that has impacted me a lot has been closing our Maori Healing clinic, in Titirangi, Auckland. This clinic has been active for twenty years or more. So, it's quite sad that we had to close. When it started, it was the only one of it's kind, and it was a training clinic. We had spiritual study (wananga) on sunday nights for a couple of hours, then did our best through the week to live what we had been taught. This is such a powerful way to learn and absorb spiritual teachings. Nowadays one has to go to expensive seminars to learn parts of that spirituality and body work.
The same happened with yoga. I appreciate that we all have to earn a living, but sometimes the prices charged for spirituality are really out of touch.
The other thing that has taken up daily life, is the never ending dealing with the effects of a stomach accident and emergency surgery for it many decades later. A nurse told me that often we have a different set of problems to deal with after surgery. I agree.
gratitude
photo by Nick Fewings, Unsplash.com
But good things have been happening too. Of course. My whole life I have truly believed in being glad for and of things. Nowadays it's kn0wn as gratitude. One of my favourite sayings is
thank you, Universe
Sometimes I think that many don't quite understand the gratitude thing. It's not about getting what you want, or things that you want to do. It's more about being grateful for the small things. Like having a warm bed in winter, having enough money to pay a bill, feeling good on any level. And it definitely is not about being ungrateful for what you don't have.
A really nice thing to do each evening before going asleep is to think of three things that you are grateful for, and acknowledge it. This seriously makes us happier and more content.
I also often automatically bring a couple of things to mind as soon as I awake each morning. Honestly, it makes such a difference to one's state of mind, starting the day this way.
Try it and see.
Links to gratitude posts here and here
Link to Global Unity Festivals on youtube, here. I'm in the Wave 1, Asia/Pacific episodes.
Link to a post explaining Global Unity Festivals here

Comments
Post a Comment