just do it!

                   Related image

I met up with a friend who had been racing around before & after dawn sorting out an important job for his business. I was impressed with his attitude & how he worked late into the night when needed, took jobs overseas & in his own country, & kept his mind on his job. We talked about how he managed to do it all.

A good attitude helps In Getting Things Done

He said that it really helps to have a "just do it!" attitude, & I can really identify with that. In these New Agey times there are sometimes the tendencies to waste too much time psyching oneself up, analysing, visualising, affirming, some people actually even decide if they "want" to do things. As a mum, & a woman who works, I can tell you that most of my life was spent doing what was necessary to do. "Wants" were just a luxury that I didn't have time for. And, I suspect that this is true for most of us. For, in every aspect of life, we all have things to be done that we might not actually want to do, within the scheme of things.

Accept and be positive

My friend said that it helped to just accept that we just had to do things, & I agree. I have found, myself, that acceptance is major in life. Accepting that we might have made a mistake, said the wrong thing, had bad things happen. And, in the context of this post, accepting that we have to do certain things & sometimes at weird times.

Along with the acceptance, he believes that it pays to be positive about things, & that, if we have to do things, we might as well be cheerful.

I learnt to change my attitude

We have a choice: be grumpy, resentful, or change our outlook & be positive, cheerful, pleasant. I used to get resentful, many moons ago, but then I read about Beverley Sills, when I was younger. At the time, she was the main opera singer in the USA. Her two children had been born deaf. She was asked in an interview, if that affected her own happiness. She said that she would never be completely happy (because of her children being deaf & of course that entails so many aspects of life for a child). But that she could at least be cheerful. And she was. Beverley was known as "Bubbles" due to her personality. 

My children could hear, my own problems were not as bad as my children having some major difficulty in life. I resolved then & there to be cheerful. Sometimes I don't feel like being cheerful, but that soon passes, & when bad things happen, as they do, to us all, I find that I'm able to do something about it, & I truly believe that it has to do with that resolve to be cheerful.

So there we have it: three more tools for getting things done: 

  • just do it!
  • accept what you have to do
  • & be positive about it


Even if life is really bad, & major decisions have to be made, these 3 little hints will help us to do what we have to do to make life better.

"I do what I have to do, willingly & cheerfully". I have used this for about 1/2 of my life, & it has been very helpful.






Comments