30 chic days: day 5: chic systems

                              Image result for quote about organised

I forgot to record my 30 minutes of yoga yesterday morning followed by 10 minutes of yoga pranayamas (breathing techniques!)

I think that systems help us to be chic

Had breakfast (latte, & porridge filled with chia seeds, cardamon, dried fruit) with a friend after I gave him a yoga class before the crack of dawn. We were talking about systems. I do so love it when someone is on the same wavelength as moi! Because I love systems. And we both agreed that you have a system to get things done in the best way for whatever that thing is. Then, you learn how to just do those things automatically. Then, you know how and when to skip bits of the system, or even the whole system, simply because you now know how to get the best result. And you end up doing this, without even having to think about it all.

I have systems for most things, and once I get it right, I either do it, or, in a pinch, I know how to do things differently. I will try out different things to get a system going, until it's right for the situation. Often I'll make 5% changes, which I've frequently written about, in order to sort something out.

So, I've been working on sorting out my blood sugar due to needing to eat soon after I get up. Sometimes I was waiting for up to five hours to eat, what with travel and early morning teaching, showers and getting ready. Which has been a disaster. Sometimes I'll just have a piece of vogels toast and peanut butter, with a big coffee, before I go. However I've been getting suspiciously flemmy with my chest after, which this is a sign of intolerance. But it's okay because peanut butter is probably not chic!

I actually do best when I have a drink with at least ten grams of protein, before I leave to teach, then eating after a class, and I'm intending to also do it when I am having to eat a late dinner. Have a wee shot of this drink about 5pm & wait for the later meal. I use a vegan protein powder, but I have also used Red8 whey, in almond & coconut milk. But to be honest, I could just drink about 300 grams of milk, instead.

I'm being aware of being chic

And, because I'm doing the 30 days of chic, I'm looking at other things that I do, to see how to chic-orise them.

So, awareness of how I'm doing things, to see how they could be improved, to be, well, to be chic, actually. And effective. My exercise was another brisk trot around the Ponsonby shops, plus moving briskly during the day. Reading went out the window, what with taking an early class, Ponsonby shopping, laundromat, library, visitor, picking vege from my lovely garden, watching Lewis via youtube, doing my two blogs. A busy day.

Food: breakfast as above. A piece of french bread and a pain de chocolat, from Ponsonby french bakery. three tiny bliss balls and a cuppa for afternoon tea.  Lamb shank, carrot, parsnip, kumura, onion, garlic & my homemade vegie stock, with a few pieces of the yummy bread.







Comments

  1. All your food sounds so good! I particularly like the sound of your porridge extras, although porridge isn't safe for a gluten-free girl like me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment