how to be chic: 30 chic days: day 2

                          Image result for vintage french woman shopping

How to be chic: day 2!

Tuesday: my busiest day of the week.

Morning and exercise

  • made bed, lit incense, made coffee & did a crossword...yes, I know, it's my busy day & I shouldn't have time for this!
  • exercise: a few warm-ups...arm swinging, side to side, pelvic tilts, hip circles, stomach lift, & some yoga sun salutes, four varieties, two times each. Bridge pose, reclining twist, reclining butterfly, cleansing then calming breaths followed by a very short meditation. It sounds a lot, but it takes no time at all. 
The sun was coming up, there is mist in the valley that I can see out of my window, birds, calmness yet busyness. Lovely. My fave time of the day. Followed by a short, brisk walk.

Food

  • morning coffee - two! Smoothie - almond & coconut milk, vegan protein powder, banana, cinnamon & vanilla. I don't always have a smoothie, but my energy level is better when I do
  • I also put on some vegetable bits & pieces to make stock for soup & the crockpot
  • morning tea with a friend was a cuppa & three wee Scottish biscuits (cookies)
  • lunch was the curried lentils - again! They have turned into everlasting lentils. I have thrown the rest out plus vegetables; & two small rolls which I actually could have done without
  • tea was a slice of meatloaf which I bought from a butcher, plus I cooked another slice for lunches. Potato chips cooked in oven, more silverbeet
  • then 3 wee slices of shortbread. Naughty moi. The three small biscuits in the morning were ok. But the two rolls & three other bickies? non! not chic!

What I am doing, and focus

I usually teach two morning & one evening yoga classes, on Tuesdays. Sometimes I might just do two, but either way there's quite a bit of travel involved, & my focus for the day is mainly on the people who come to the classes. Sometimes I'll go somewhere on my way home from the morning classes, but only if it's on my way. And I endeavour to pace myself on Tuesdays so that I have even energy throughout the day & evening. I seem to have spent all afternoon sorting out washing & such, & doing some food shopping, which I tend to do quite often, Parisian style. Sort of, because today was just a village butcher & a wee supermarket.

What I wore

  • casual, patterned, black & white, slightly baggy pants
  • a royal blue long sleeved tee shirt
  • & black ballet shoes
  • a black pseudo-rib woollen poncho, which is so warm.

I received a lovely comment from Fiona which I can't figure out how to respond to, so I shall respond now: thanks Fiona. Love your How to be Chic blog.





Comments

  1. Ooh, I love that you light incense in the morning. I usually light it late afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment