Time for the dreaded New Year's Resolutions

                          Image result for new year resolution lists

Confession time

I cannot remember one single year when my New Year's resolutions: 

  • manifested
  • were followed through
  • or even remembered. 
I have come across scraps of paper, & notes scribbled in my appointment diary (I have a new one each year, & yes, mysteriously, I do keep them), where I've made a wee list of Things That I Want (that I really, really want!) to achieve:

  • Not have
  • but more do
  • & arrive at a goal. 
I am one of those people who truly think that it's more rewarding to do something/s to achieve something/s.

And, often, I look at those wee lists, & frequently find that I did indeed end up achieving what was on those lists. Not everything, but most things. 

And, usually when I read those lists, I have by that time, forgotten all about those goals. And, because I've been so slack, they have manifested in a later year. 

Writing out our goals is what works

However, I have found forgotten lists 10 years old, which were not New Years resolutions, and that I (mostly) achieved. I can't actually figure out how it works, but apparently, when we write out our goals, we are more likely to achieve them. 

But, I do think that it would have helped to remember them, & follow through. 

So, this year I am intending to:

  • do a goals list, put it up on my bedroom wall
  • & also put up post-its with goals etc written on them, at eye level
  • maybe even splash out with a vision board for my goals

The beginning of each year is when my life always changes....

What does happen instead of working on my resolutions, is that my life changes, every year, in the 1st week of January. I kid you not:

  • marriage break-up
  • leaving another bad situation very, very quickly
  • rent going up by a lot of money, so that I have to urgently find a new place
  • friend, work & family stuff....the list goes on. 
I am sure that an astrologer would look at my chart, nod sagely, & enigmatically say something that explains it all, like "ah...yes". And leave me wondering just what the heck those 2 words mean in context of my dramatic new year happenings.

But this year, in the midst of it all, I shall keep working on my new year resolutions for 2017. Which, incidentally, I intend to be a great year.

And I wish for yours to be great & fantastic & happy, too.

Comments