Still Spring-ing

                  Image result for french vintage spring

Why I love spring


Actually I love autumn too, but for different reasons. But I am quite serious about spring, in a quiet poking fun at myself, kind of way. I have these things that I enthusiastically do, each spring. Because, well, it's spring!! And also, I'm clearing the decks for summer.


But why do I love spring? Probably for the same reasons as everyone else:
  • summer is almost here
  • that darned rain stops, or slows down. Here, our winter rain, as opposed to our spring or summer rain, is often cold, fierce, and windy, so it pelts down sideways. Hence my glee and relief when it calms down.
  • we stop freezing
  • the sun is out!
Not brilliant reasons. But, to me, 

             spring is a time of growth; of new life

new beginnings

New births in the nature kingdom. Not just animals, but beautiful blossoms, amazing spring flowers. With my eldest children, we lived alongside a wide country (semi country, really) lane, and we had horse paddocks behind us. Every spring, up would come daffodils in that lane, and in the paddocks. The lane was almost crowded out by them. A riot of colour. So special.


For me, winter is a time of planning, and sorting things out. Then, come spring, we have our plans sorted to start on, for whatever reason. Or even just have an idea of what we are going to do, the direction on which we would like to take.


everything feels lighter, so consequently, so do we

And I don't think that it's just the weather. That old saying "a spring in your step"? That's what this beautiful season does to me, so I'm assuming that it's the same for everyone else. Being that we are all, in so many ways, quite similar.


Maybe I feel this way
  • because of the new life bursting forth
  • there is more blue sky, which makes us feel so good
  • the days are getting longer, so that we have more time to get things done, do more with our life
  • it's not so cold. For me, it just makes it easier to get things done, when the days are longer, and I'm not so cold
  • I notice that I also get out and about more

for me, spring is the season of hope


and with all of this, for me, I have a feeling of New Hope, when spring has burst forth. I eagerly await it (or is that I desperately await it?), near the end of August, as September is spring in New Zealand. And that hope, inside of me, is for everyone, especially my family. I have great hope that all will be the best for them.


Practical stuff

I do practical sorting-out-life things, too, come spring.

  • spring cleaning. Sorting stuff out. Putting stuff away. Seasonal cleaning (not quite into that yet, to be honest)
  • revisiting my diet (as in my previous post)
  • enthusiastically pulling out my spring clothes. I am now into a single layer, on top, and bottom, with a warm-ish hoodie for when it's cold. Still long-sleeved and too warm for summer, but less than winter
  • I ruthlessly biff any winter clothes which I didn't wear. I didn't wear them because I didn't like them or they were unflattering
  • I decide on a "look" for spring with clothes. With what I already have. As I'm saving for some essentials (not clothes) I cannot spend too much on new clothes. 
                                              Ah, yes. Spring.

Comments

  1. Another great positive and helpful post, Ratnamurti. Spring is my favourite season so I can relate to this, but now we're in autumn I really must not turn my face to the wall, I must try and embrace the goodness that autumn also brings - the harvests, the cosy evenings at home, planting bulbs for their promise o
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spring, too. But I confess that when autumn comes, I love it too, after the heat of summer. Forgetting, of course, that autumn leads to cold and rain...... I love the way that you plant bulbs, and have flowers everywhere, so elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment