2019 here we come

                   Image result for dreaming by the sea


Ode 


We are the music-makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers
And sitting by desolate streams;
World losers and world forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.


Yet another year. Gone. And it only seems as though it came and went in a heart beat. I think that it's like that: we never quite realise how quickly time passes us by. And, in doing so, we forget to appreciate just how precious time is.
I know that I do this. I forget. Why? Why do I not always grab Life and run with it each day? And, I suspect that I am not the only one who does this. 

I hope, sincerely to change this, for me, this year. Grab Life by the horns, so to speak, and live each moment fully. Whether it's just chilling, doing nothing, or going after my dreams.

I truly feel that in 2018, I put my own dreams on hold. So, in 2019, I intend to go after them. With joy and laughter. I have been quietly "setting the stage" for this. Getting things ready. Making decisions. Visualising. Being resolute. Because. Because sometimes, in going after our dreams, those things that our heart is pushing us to do, part of the "going after", is being firm with oneself. 

We all have our own story. Our own Path. I know that, for me, my heart urges me to do some things. And my gut, which is also such a big source of intuition, it pushes me to move away from some things. So that I then can follow my heart.  So that there is space for that, so that my dreams are no longer just desolate dreams.

I secretly think that this is truly the hard part: making that space. That heart-doing space. Sometimes it can be hard moving away from the obstacles. Especially if it ever involves other people. But that's not really what it's about. It's also about giving them their own space. Which, of course, is special to do. Letting them live their own story. 

So, amongst what I would like to do in 2019, this post is actually more about what is behind what I would like to do.

What is "behind" you? Food for thought, indeed.





Comments