has spring sprung?

                               Image result for daffodils

has spring sprung, or getting ready to spring?

I ask because I can see daffodils. In big clumps. Lots of them. Everywhere. A sure sign that the warmer weather is (thankfully) coming. And there are also so many other flowers blooming. 

Officially, spring starts tomorrow, in New Zealand. 

And, I notice it's not (quite) so chilly. The ice seems to have disappeared from the ether. Ah, the coming of spring. A time of new beginnings, new hope. I love spring.

I've moved! (yet again)

Not that there is actual ice, where I am living. I've moved from wee cabin high in the Waitakere Ranges. The rain belt of Auckland. Yes, it is. I love those ranges, I really do. When I found wee cabin, I had the distinct feeling that I wouldn't be there long, and of course, that is exactly what happened.  So, I decided to just quietly enjoy my time there. Which I did do. I hunkered down, and did the Just Be thing. 

I am now in a luxurious flat, which is more like a little house. I love this, too. Back in suburbia, and my life is now very convenient. It will be very easy for me to work and study from my new abode, which is a definite bonus. There is so much more room for me to Do My Thing.

I feel that I shall be here for quite a while. And I've been unpacking. For some reason, when I feel that I won't be in a home for long, I notice that I don't really unpack. I just don't seem to be able to get it together when I have those feelings. 

looking for the benefits

I've always looked for the positive aspects where ever I've lived. Even when I have that feeling of dread that it's just not going to work out. In these cases, I've always tried my best; gone out of my way. I didn't feel that way about wee cabin, though. I just wanted to submerge myself into the bush experience whilst I could:

  • the vibrations emanating from nature
  • the sounds of the birds calling out to each other
  • the sounds of the trees moving in the wind
  • the rain on the roof
  • the quietness
  • feeling close to Mother Earth
  • the beautiful night sky
  • feeling close to Sky Father
  • the amazing early mornings
  • the clean air

We are so lucky in this country, that there are still so many places like this.  And I also feel very lucky and grateful that I now have such an amazing flat. Not at all rustic, just gorgeous. 

I shall keep you all posted about the gorgeousness of it all. And, in the meantime, I am busy Putting Out My Stuff. I have yoga statues and similar bits and pieces. So Me. And lots of space to put my belongings neatly away. My tv didn't receive in the bush, but goes like a dream in my new flat. I shall be having te reo Maori (Maori language) programmes going, to help me with my studies. Absorption method. 

Being busy, being Me.




Comments

  1. You are coming into spring and we are going into fall! Although, it will still be summer for at least another month. It usually doesn't start to
    You've moved! It sounds like you really like your new apartment! I'm glad. I hope you will be happy in your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am really happy here, Bless. The seasons happen really quickly in New Zealand. It's like winter is forever, and fierce, then one day it's suddenly mellow and it's spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you will be very happy in your new flat, Ratnamurti. I've just remembered to look at your blog, which is lovely! Even though you're not in the mountains in your wee cabin, there will be benefits from living in suburbia (we live in suburbia) and there will still be Nature there if you look for it (birds, especially). And as you are coming into Spring, we are falling into Autumn (no pun intended). It's not my favourite season - that is spring - but like all our seasons, it has its moments and the colours of autumn are often glorious. Very bet wishes to you in your new home.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Margaret. I've just been perusing your blog!!!! Yes I can see lots of benefits about suburbia.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment