organising: setting the stage

for so many of us, moi self included, the lockdown has been a time to stop, pause and reflect
I have always found that this brings changes -
in the moi-iverse, anyway

Photo by Karthik Chandran on Unsplash

In 1987, I went to Nepal, and also Bihar , one of the poorest states in India. Whilst I was there, I had a life long epiphany: that no matter how poor one was in my country (New Zealand), excepting of course those who are homeless, everyone was wealthy indeed in comparison to how millions have to live. It changed me forever, in my outlook and with gratitude. I suspect that The Lockdown will have had a similar effect for so many: epiphanies and changes. 

looking at one's future, post lockdown

I'm sure that I'm not the only person who has been doing this. So much has changed for all of us. And really, we are the fortunate ones. What about those who live where there is no welfare; have lost loved ones; have job uncertainty; and even worse, are refugees? Aye, here in Aotearoa (New Zealand), we have been so fortunate. 

I have found that myself and so many others have been re-evaluating their life, because solitude does that. Sooner or later, "stuff" comes up, and after dealing with it, we often go on to make changes. Which is good.

setting the stage

This was a term which came out in the 1990s, when so many people and businesses were doing accelerated learning; mind mapping; thinking positively; having coaches to change our attitude and performance; getting rich (little joke here, as no-one I knew got rich from the money courses)

And it's all about preparation. Prior proper preparation prevents poor performance - that was one of the terms used with it. And some people just inherently understood this, whilst so many did not.

Some people took it to mean:
  • an ambiance. Mood. Yeah I do this prior to having a healing, yoga class or reading in my home. Incense, clean and tidy etc etc. Calmness
  • mental preparation. I do this before working with other healers, I have specific things that I do so that the healing is more effective. Actually I do it at home too before a client turns up. And when I'm teaching yoga, most certainly
  • doing things. As in organising and getting things ready before hand so that when you're ready, it's all systems a-go. So in the book I've been writing, I decided my subject and chapter content, and then it was easy to get started
  • even when we go to our work place, there are always bits and pieces that we do once we get there, like turning on lights, hot water, computers, and simple things like this. Before we even start. To me, this is definitely part of setting-the-stage for one's work day
  • I also find that my mornings, although often bordering on the slack side of life, in my mind, I'm getting ready for the new day, and there are steps which I methodically follow, to do this

organisation is the key

And with the changes that so many of us will be making post-lockdown, it really helps to sort the whys and wherefores out before we actually do whatever. Along the lines of:

  • what are we going to do
  • why are we going to do it? What lead us to this decision?
  • when are we going to do it?
  • where are we going to be doing it?
  • how will we do it? What do we need to do first to get it all ready? Then what would be the next step? 

Organising and sifting through all of this, is often the first step in setting the stage., and proper prior preparation. And, of course it's okay to go through lots of decisions and try out lots of things before we come to the best for the situation of whatever we are going for. 

Because nothing is set in stone. So many of us are so privileged just to even have these choices. Tens of millions of our fellow humanity do not. I've had lots of times in my life when these choices were not part of my reality, when I just had to suck it up and do whatever needed to be done. And that's okay, too. For moi, I've never felt that life is about always having what I want, when I want and how I want. Rather, in those times, it was about making choices around situations, and people. 

So, do you have any new decisions based on your lockdown experiences? 








Comments

  1. I have been practicing so much more gratitude lately myself as we continue on in lockdown mode. I am so thankful that we have not been wrecked by the current situation. Sometimes, I find myself getting annoyed that my husband has to go to work every day, but then I check myself because we would be in a hell of a mess if he had lost his job. I get very concerned for the people who are suffering from the economical tragedy that is resulting from all of this. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and linking up with me.Great post!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good he has a job, I've been following the USA happenings. I'm with you over gratitude especoally in these times. It's such a relief that you and your family are ok xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment