not my best week

change of seasons week
(not my favourite time)
at the start of each spring and autumn

(happily trashing Granny's bed. Because she's allowed to)

No, I'm not whingeing. It's just the way that it is for me. For some mysterious reason, I'm really sensitive to these two periods. It's when I'm prone to not be at my best, on the physical level, meaning a bit unwell. Which includes of course, foggy mind, and feeling a bit "down". Sigh. And hay fever in the beginning of spring. 

I know that it will pass. It always does. One of Mum's sayings was "all things must pass", which annoyed me when I was young. But, she was right. I know that next week will be more positive.  

A week of resting, watching bad movies when I can maintain concentration. Oh, yes, I have the attention span of a gnat during this time. Did I mention that?

However, I always feel fantastic after the change-of-season week. Maybe it's like a psyche cleanout: dip down then go up, so to speak.

There is a bright light in the non-week, though. Wee-est child in our large extended family, who is also my grand daughter, and now a six whole months old, is having her big growth week. Honestly she changes every day. Giving her mum lots of kisses and cuddles (yes, I know - gorgeous), replying by gesture, or sound to people as in having a conversation, and suffering extreme frustration as she tries so hard to crawl. She is already very mobile: can eat her feet; roll, turn, push and pull; rock on all fours; do yoga planks and downward dogs (again, yes I know - gorgeous); but it's the actual crawling that is giving her grief. Any day now though, it will happen, and she will be off, fast, crawling after wee doggy Pixie. Today she had her first taste of toast, wasn't at all impressed and threw it on the floor for Pixie. And Pixie owns all food including crumbs which are on the floor. I think that they will be partners-in-crime.

The sun is coming out (yay!!), it's not quite so cold (more yay!!). Probably we go to level two lockdown in a couple of days. I am truly optimistic for next week. 



Comments

  1. Pixie is adorable and your granddaughter sounds like a fabulous little personality.
    I know what you mean about the change of seasons, even though here in the UK there's often little difference between each I too struggle with my usual positivity and my skin's always a bit rubbish.
    Your Mum was right though, these things will pass - the sooner the better! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am glad that I'm not the only person who goes through this. It's like an annoying rite of passage

      Delete
  2. Your grand-daughter sounds, well, ... gorgeous! :)
    I always feel you cannot appreciate the up without having the down - life is never an even keel, is it? Take care of yourself this week, and enjoy next week when it arrives, Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - I love the transitional seasons! It used to be they were just the right temperatures in between the cold and hot seasons (now that transition is quicker.) And autumn where I live in Midwest America is full of beautiful color. I feel most comfortable when the weather is in the low 70's. It's not too bad in the upper 60's either. But I acclimate to the cold and hot seasons by enjoying Hygge in the winter and the freedom of sand, sea and flowing clothes in the summer. I do my best to savor the moment. XOXO - Angie, www.yourtrueselfblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - I love the transitional seasons! It used to be they were just the right temperatures in between the cold and hot seasons (now that transition is quicker.) And autumn where I live in Midwest America is full of beautiful color. I feel most comfortable when the weather is in the low 70's. It's not too bad in the upper 60's either. But I acclimate to the cold and hot seasons by enjoying Hygge in the winter and the freedom of sand, sea and flowing clothes in the summer. I do my best to savor the moment. XOXO - Angie, www.yourtrueselfblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I too feel that those inbetween seasons come and go in a flash. Where you live sounds very beautiful

      Delete
  5. Your granddaughter sounds delightful. It's amazing to see how they develop their personalities, isn't it?

    I find myself dragging during the change in seasons, especially when the clocks are reset and everything seems a bit off until I get used to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment