one week restore day 6: be confident

day 6
be confident

(photo from Sydney Rae, Unsplash.com)

How can we do this? How can we just be confident? I suppose that it really fits in with attitude.

I was never a confident person. In my early years, this was not something that was encouraged. Maybe it was the culture of the time, because I know so many other people who say that too about growing up. 

Living with Nanna and my aunt, in my teens, I was confident, for most of the time. Because Nanna somehow gave me confidence. 

And shyness. Oh my goodness, walking into a room of strangers was always hard for me. I  perfected the sideways quiet creeping in to a room. 

I have gained more social and inner self confidence over the years, and my three adult children have helped incredibly here. 

just do it!!

Making myself just do things has been the biggest factor in self confidence. Even as a young child, I strived, hard, at everything. Because this helps me believe in myself. It helps with bringing my dreams and wishes into reality. I become a do-er and achiever, not just a dreamer. Trust me, I can be excellent at being just a dreamer. 

And believing in oneself enough to take the plunge, take a risk, to me this is one of the best ways to gain self confidence. Do we always succeed in what we do? Of course not. But courage to try seems to develop back bone which gives us self confidence. I'm not talking about the confidence of looking great, but rather inner confidence. 

decide to be confident

Can we really do this? Yes, I do believe so. It's about doing rather than dreaming, hoping, or waiting for things to happen. And yes, for me I'd say our attitude does have a lot to do with it. 

(p.s. I'm still rather socially shy..... )







Comments

Post a Comment