restoring health



Oh, no!! Not again. Aye. Time to take oneself in hand, health wise, and have a look at simple strategies for moi, and anyone else interested, to restore oneself after being unwell. In particular - covid.

I feel, for me anyway, that looking at psychological health, which covers the emotional and mental aspects, and also taking care of the physical, these are the two areas which need a bit of reviving. They are two of the four pillars of health, and to be honest, each pillar is important for overall health in our life.   

Brainfog

Yep, it's so real. Covid does affect our brains. It seems, for me, to be with logical thought, train of thought, and memory, in particular. I have done some dumb things, like not taking a paper tag off a garment before tossing it in the wash. Then having to spend ages trying to get rid of hundreds of tiny flecks of paper off my washing. I'm constantly checking that I've turned off electric things. Mind you, I've lived with different people who have done some weird forgetful things. And as for something as delightful and easy as writing a blog post, well let's just say that it takes so much longer than usual. I also have to write everything down in my life at the moment, so that it gets done. It's quite concerning. 

I am looking forward to it passing, and in the meantime, I'll be giving it all a great big shove off, with yoga breathing techniques. Our brain needs oxygen to function. Some simple breathing tips to build up our oxygen reserves, are on my yoga blog. Actually there are heaps of things to do for health, scattered through that same blog. 

For me, breathwork honestly does make me happier and reduces mental stress. You might find that, too.

The other aid for breathing has been an asthma preventer. It has been an absolute godsend, as covid does seem to affect one's lungs, and consequently our vitality. With the original form, many people "drowned" from so much water in their lungs. So sad. 

General vitality

Again, I'm mostly looking to yoga for this. I'm doing a chakra technique to build up my life force , and you can find this on Earth Elders, Facebook. Link is below. It also does wonders for psychological health. 

Doing some modified, easy exercise for toning two to three times a week. I can sometimes still be shaky on my feet, so haven't done the long walks yet. But, walking briskly at home, and here and there, for short periods - yep, I'm doing that. Not earth shattering, but hey, it's a beginning. 

Maori martial arts

I've also found some Maori martial arts movements with a rakau (stick) that I am going to try. A friend, Prem Piripi Morunga, is teaching it online (on this facebook site).  Reminds me of some of the Aikido martial art stick moves that I learnt and did, decades ago. I was ok with the stick and sword practising on my own, but absolutely hopeless (enormous understatement) at the actual sparring. I'm sure that anyone with whom I ever did martial arts, laughs a lot if I'm mentioned. 

This type of movement, really gets the life force going. Strengthens our heart. And makes us feel good on all levels. 

But, I digressed....

And don't get me started on the tiredness. It's not easy to define. But it is so very real. 

I know that many people are saying that it's just a flu. I'm assuming that most of these people have not yet had covid. And I do know that for some people, they do only have minor, or none, symptoms. Which is great. My friend and I who met up in Auckland, we both got it, were quite sick, then we had long covid. I feel that we probably got covid from the place that we were at. 

What else can we do?

I've been taking lipospheric vitamin c. Horrendously expensive. I could have bought some nice skin care instead with that money instead, but, priorities.... However, I can feel a difference each time that I glug it down. You can buy the tablets that fizz up in water which are way cheaper. 

I'm off to catch up with one of my sisters (I have quite a few sisters), so am really happy about this. B.C. (before covid), I was quite social. Now, going out is extra special. Lucky me.

Link to chakra meditation and my talks and other meditations on Earth Elders: here.  Click "join" if you haven't already, then click the search icon, and enter "Ratnamurti Saraswati". 

Link to Global Unity Festivals on you tube, here. I'm in the Wave 1, Asia/Pacific episodes.

My yoga blog is here. You can find simple, restorative breathing poses to help with building up our lungs: April 03, 11, and 17, 2020.

You can also find me on facebook: here and here

If you have any comments, or queries, please let me know. Especially about dealing with covid.  








  

        

Comments

  1. That sounds like some very sensible ways to restore your health after Covid.
    There's hardly anyone we know that hasn't had Covid, Jon & I are freaks of nature (or just extremely lucky). Everyone has reported different side effects from extreme lethargy, hair loss and loss of taste and smell to absolutely nothing at all. It's a very odd virus. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed, Vix. I also had extreme hair loss, it came out in handfulls. So good that you and Jon haven't had it. One of my adult granddaughters has often had contact with people who turned out to have it, but like you - keeps testing negative.

      Delete
  2. I have experienced long COVID and now find that I have a sore throats surely not COVID but got me thinking, maybe I am experiencing a common cold so been taking vitamins, having fresh air, walking the beach, taking a dip. Practising yoga nidra and going to restorative yoga. I have to rest when I need to, eat healthy vegetables and fruits And plenty of water or green tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a bummer it was, getting covid. But here's to you getting much more vital, real quick, dear friend.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry to hear you have had Covid. Sadly, I’ve read that even people with relatively mild symptoms can still get long Covid. I wish a steady recovery, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michelle. I'm now having some good days here and there... so.. yay!!

      Delete

Post a Comment