The Chic files


photo by suzy hazelwood @pexels.com

As autumn is now here, Down Under, it's time to revisit The Chic Files. 

I like to pull out my new season's clothes, and put away those from the season just past. I don't have much storage nor space for all of my bits and pieces, so I do have to work with this. 

I started with a great big sorting out of my clothes, for all seasons. And packed away the warmer weather gear. But this time, I did do it differently. I used to just stuff everything into plastic storage boxes and bags,very messily. So, now, I made small piles of tops, overtops like cardis, ponchos and such, tees, and so forth. Then folded everything that was being packed away, properly, in those piles. I used to work in a shop that sold teeshirts. We had to fold dozens of them for display, every day, so I know how to fold quite a few types of garments. 

I got quite anal about how I packed everything away, and I realised that it was because the hidden untidiness of everything was bothering me as much as external mess does. 

I went through my coats and shoes, too. And overall, got a few bags of things that don't really look that nice, for the op shop. Quite a big biff out.

I'm also using this time to de-clutter

I'm not wanting to buy more clothes for a while, so am "making do" with what I already have. Because I'm having a major clean out of everything that I don't need, or don't want. Obviously I shall be keeping quite a few "don't need" things, such as books that I love, but the clutter stuff is definitely going. This is even extending to my kitchen cupboards. 

Every time that I see something that is just filling up my space without me using it - out it goes. I know that there are those who are really happy with stuff everywhere. They can create really happily in that space. But I cannot. And too many visual distractions make me tired too. Some mental anomaly that I'm just so aware of.

I hope to have another culling of my clothes, and then get some nice things that I like, but for now, in the name of chic-ness, I need to "clear the decks", so that I have the head space to put some time into moi. I'm doing one room at a time. 

I always equate chic with simplicity. And I want my home to be like that, too. And again, that's just me, being me.

My determination to do things neatly and methodically, as I declutter, came from the best inspiration, ever: those ghastly hoarding shows on tv. They really get into my head, and I cannot help myself. After watching just one, I absolutely have to have a clean out, clean, and organise. 

a makeup shakeup

My makeup has gotten a big shakeup too. After having an iron transfusion (thanks to covid), the stronger, cooler colours are again suiting me better, rather than than the softer, more autumnal shades that look good on me when I'm anaemic. My skin now has more colour and is darker. So now I'm back to being "moi". I did a colour consultant course many moons ago, with Grace Cosmetics, whom I think are no longer around. I was definitely a winter season. I can't do all of those various variations of the seasons that later emerged. They drive me crazy trying to figure them out. But who would have thought that being anaemic would change not only the overall colour, but also the hues, undertones, or whatever it is, of my skin? 

I'll keep going with the clean out. It just feels so good, somehow.

Is anyone else like this?


Link to a chic post, here

Link to chakra meditation and my talks and other meditations on Earth Elders: here.  Click "join" if you haven't already, then click the search icon, and enter "Ratnamurti Saraswati". 

Link to Global Unity Festivals on you tube, here. I'm in the Wave 1, Asia/Pacific episodes.


Also find me:

yoga blog

facebook

swami ratnamurti/facebook

twitter

instagram

pinterest




Comments

  1. Glad to read you are feeling better, again. I'm constantly trying to declutter! Then, I am offered new clothes, etc., by family and I can't say no! So, once again, I'm trying to declutter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what happened to me, Bless. Hence - more decluttering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm decluttering my wardrobe which seems to be packed full of 'stuff'. The floods was a start and it's rolling on from there....#TrafficJamWeekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Auzzie floods were so amazing. I really hope that you were not flooded out? So distressing for those who were.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment