2023 has arrived


image by Moritz Knoringer on Unsplash


 Another new year. Times have so changed around our lovely planet of blue. Myself, I feel that our norms are awry, and yet, in my beautiful country - many of us are so lucky, so privileged.

Hopefully 2023 will bring in some of that luck and privilege into even more people's lives around Mother Earth


What is it about a new year? Is it hope? New dreams? How do we keep keeping on with a really nice life, when at least tens of millions cannot?

And yet, I do feel that it is a wise move to keep appreciating and enjoying our own lot, as much as possible. Especially in times of uncertainty. It's like a gift that we are currently being given. I used to feel so guilty about being better off than a large part of our planet's population. I had to learn to accept, enjoy and just be grateful. I'm sure that others have and do, feel that way too.

My easiest, best daily tip:

I have found that little things matter, and that, by appreciating and enjoying them, my happiness level lifts. Try it and see. Those little moments are easy to find. Here are some of mine, just as examples only:

  • I have always found that just by being present and admiring sunrise and sunset, gives me such peace, calm, and happiness hormones. I live near the Waitakere Ranges, and they provide stunning sunsets. A joy to behold. Unfortunately, I cannot see the rising sun where I live, and I do really miss that.
  • The Quiet Hours. Even though I don't get to see sunrise, I do know that early rising is the best start to my day. Unless I've been unwell, I often wake at six. I'd like to progress to five-thirty a.m. The quietness, the higher levels of prana/life force, in the early morning hours are incredibly uplifting. When I get up on time, I can then fit in meditation, breathing, some simple yoga flexibilities and stretches, as well as a few yoga body sculpting moves with light weights. Honestly - what a difference this makes to everything in my day.
  • Children. The hope for the future. I have five grand-adults (they are definitely not children), a toddler grandchild, and a six year old great grandson. I'm very lucky. I know that when I see them, that my whole being changes, inside and out, and the happiness factor sets in. There honestly is no better way to be happy, than to be present with our family.
  • Sometimes, I like to "just be". Appreciate a garden, birdsong, trees moving in the wind. Learning to just stop and be, is a wonderful gift to oneself. 
  • Since my operation, link is here, I've learnt to appreciate most things even more. On a day when I'm really not feeling good, and I do have quite a few of them, (after effects) I remember how ill I had been, and truly - I say an affirmation, like "thank you Universe".

So, what do I have in store for 2023? To be honest, I'm not really sure. It seems so far that I mostly have in mind:

  • restoring my health
  • getting fitter
  • create new, beneficial life routines. I'm a great believer in this. I find that it creates space to do other things
  • put some energy into figuring the next life direction to take 
What about you? 


Comments

  1. Wishing you a really great year ahead, filled with all those things that make you happy :)
    Hugz, Mxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, Margaret. I wish the same for you, too. Hugz back to you xxxxxxx

      Delete
  2. Yes. My view is the opposite of yours...I see the sunrise each morning out my window. I rock in my oak rocking chair and enjoy a cup of hot coffee. The early morning hours are so special, spiritually. I rise about 5:00 a.m. The amrit vela... as they say in Kundalini Yoga. I agree with you about routines. Today I got back to knitting and mending. What a relief! I now have warm alpaca gloves I can wear in our snow, and a new pair of wool socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your knitting sounds so luxurious to me. Sadly, I am someone who stresses when I knit. I remember how it relaxed my mother who was an amazing knitter. I feel that it actually is an art.

      Delete
  3. A reconnection to the Earth and all its life-giving forces should be the commitment everyone makes for the benefit of all. This planet is the only home we will ever have. It is a place of inspirational beauty and grandeur yet we set about trashing it in every way we can. We simply have to change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, David. In my country, Aotearoa New Zealand, we are very mindful of Mother Earth. She plays a big part in our culture.

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year, wishing you all your heart desires.

    Bernie,
    www.thestylefanatic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really weird, but, I have been unable to comment on your blog until now! Happy, much belated New Year! Wish you good health and all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. I've noticed that the internet has been doing weird things here, and I've been wondering if it was the really bad storms and flooding that we had.

      Delete
  6. Wishing you a lovely and beautiful year ahead.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/02/a-key-element-for-business-growth-and-development.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment