New Op Shop, and eye exercises

 Sometimes life goes by so fast. I often feel that I'm "behind" in catching up with my life?

Or is this just me? Surely I'm not alone with this. 

Along these lines, I've finally resumed doing healings and readings from home. I stopped for a couple of years, as my energy was so depleted. As they say, "it's good to be back". I've started new plans for next year regarding healing and clairvoyance, but will wait until they really are Set In Stone before I broadcast them.


New Op Shop


Glen Eden Everlasting Shop

I've discovered a fantastic new recycle shop: Everlasting. There's one in Atkinson Rd, Glen Eden (photo below), and another on the corner of Richardson Rd and Weston Ave, in Mt Albert. Both in Auckland. I live nearby the Glen Eden one, and I love this shop!! There's an off road carpark near it. Because it's just opposite a school, it is open during hours that free up the carpark. The link is here for all info.



Why do I love it? Aside from the fantastic deals that I've gotten there? 

  • it's a non-profit organisation
  • all proceeds are donated to women and families in need
  • the clothes, shoes etc are all in good condition
  • it's all good quality
You can also donate clothes, shoes and bags to aid the cause, which I love. I so wish that there had been places like this when I was a solo mum in need, many moons ago. 

p.s. this is not a paid post. It's just me loving supporting a local charity



Couldn't resist this. Ten years apart, with the recent one being on the left. Drivers License renewal. I'm a lot healthier now than I was then. I was seriously amazed at the difference. And my eyesight is (almost) as good as it was then. I seldom wear glasses, and if I do, which is seldom, it's like a 1.25 rating from an el cheapo shop. Except that sometimes I wonder if I've got cataracts....

Every now and then, actually probably once in a blue moon, I do yoga eye exercises, then forget about them until the next blue moon. My father went blind at nearly eighty, and both he and Mum wore reading glasses for as long as I can remember. So, no genetics involved in the eyesight. Just that blue moon thing. I seriously recommend those eye exercises. 

ye Olde Eye Exercises

Keep your head still throughout:
  • look up, look down, a few times
  • to one side, then the other, a few times
  • now diagonally eg upper right to lower left, then back again, upper left to lower right and back up to upper left. Do a few times
  • draw a circle with your eyes, as though reading an old fashioned clock face eg 12/1/2/3/etc until you reach 12 again, then do the opposite circular direction. If you're only inclined to do one, this is the one to chose. Takes just a few seconds, so it's easy to do daily
  • now for being able to switch from seeing far away to up close. Usually we lose the ability to do this, and may have difficulty reading up close, or seeing clearly into the distance. For many of us this is preventable with the following exercise:



Touch your index finger tips together, as in the above photo, elbows out to sides. Now place fingertips at eye level. Stare at where the two tips join. Then look over the tips, into the distance. You will notice a "sausage" shape between the tips. Do this a few times. Do it often for best results.
  • palming: rub your palms together to generate some heat. Then cup your eyes with your hands, so that you have a nice warm cave over the eyes, made by your palms. Imagine that you're breathing warm, gentle energy into your eyes. You can actually omit this and just "bathe" your eyes in the warm energy. Only takes a very short while and seems to refresh our eyesight. Good to do when you do a lot of computer, writing, tv, or reading. Eyes closed or open as per your own preference. 
My eyesight started to deteriorate when I was thirty-nine. A very l-o-n-g time ago. I restored my vision with the above simple eye exercises. You can too. Or even better, prevent bad eyesight.

Link to Global Unity Festivals on you tube, here. I'm in the Wave 1, Asia/Pacific episodes.

Link to my talks and meditations on Earth Elders: here.  Click "join" if you haven't already, then click the search icon there, and enter "Ratnamurti Saraswati".

Link to a post explaining Global Unity Festivals, here  

Also find me

** facebook

** swami ratnamurti/facebook

** twitter

** instagram

** pinterest

** spiritual blog

You might also be interested in these links:

here surprise! A post about health

here for the vitality of looking and being younger









Comments

  1. Thanks for the eye exercise ideas! It was neat seeing the difference in your license photos over 10 years; here in the states are old licenses are taken away before our new ones are given to us so we never get to make those comparisons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit of a shock seeing the difference. Actually, the old one was going to be cut up by our Ministry of Transport, but I asked to have it.

      Delete
  2. I'm curious about the shop. it seems interesting :)

    xoxo, rae
    raellarina.com
    INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the eye exercises! You look good in your new driver's license!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment