a new year beckons




from many decades ago, three generations: Mum, myself and my eldest daughter. Mum was a Libran too, as is my youngest sister. 

 I've obviously got lockdown brain fog. I forgot that it's my birthday this week. 

Yep, completely forgot. As usual, to be honest. I only remembered when I saw that two cousins also have their birthday. 

Why is a birthday important? To me, it always was just another day, another year. And, for sure, always grateful for this, especially as I am a lot older than other bloggers. And most of my friends, my siblings and other yoga teachers and healers. 

how our birthday pans out, has a flow on  effect

A few years ago, my favourite (and amazing) astrologer said to me: "Mum, make sure that you have a good day on your birthday, as how that day is, is how your year will be".  Ever since then, if I have actually remembered my birthday, I have followed my daughter's astrological advice. Apparently it's to do with the line-up of stars on that day. And it's called a solar return, as the sun returns to it's position that it was at your birth. 

Looking at my solar return for this year, I'm not that impressed. About six planets retrograde on the day. (sigh) A retrograde planet is when they appear to go backwards. Of course a planet doesn't go backwards, but it appears to. What is the effect? Apparently it's disruption. (aarrgghh)

I'm 100% resisting the urge to get out my tarots right now to see how this all will pan out for me, and am also restraining myself from ringing a favourite clairvoyant friend. I'm not going to hassle my daughter about it, either (even if I want to... )

Last year, the morning of my birthday was great. I was out and about with a friend, having a great time. Determined to have a great year. But destiny always over rides everything. Something happened that morning and my whole life was turned upside down. Every. Single. Day. 24/7. Until a few weeks ago. To be honest, anything that happens this year should be easier than since my last birthday. 

looking forward to my coming year

So what have I planned for my birthday this year? Well, it's level three lockdown, so not much. What I am looking at though, are plans for my new year. Which I intend to start that morning. I'm looking forward to this. And today and tomorrow are for sorting out those plans. I won't say what all of the work ones are, as everytime that I do tell anyone, something or someone happens to block them. I know, weird and totally suss. 

But some of the personal ones are: 

  • I bought an online course that I loved, last year, and had to put it aside. I'm going to redo it, even if I just get fifteen minutes a day of study, done
  • I really would like to resume my Te Reo Maori study and actually drum up the courage to start speaking it. Te Reo means language. I've taken to working out conversations through out the day, as a sentence and reply thing. Just here and there. So I've resorted to "talking to myself" (hehe)
  • it's definitely time to resume The Weight Loss Chronicles. Definitely. Have been looking at this over the past week or so, and for me, it's all about The Routine. Routines suit me. 
  • number one priority is my health which really went downhill this past year. Due to what was happening in my life. I'm already trying out things to see what suits me, and have joined an online email ten day thingey to ease back into fitness regularity. Regularity crashed this past year, also.
  • I want to get back into healing... but this no doubt depends on the pandemic climate.
My professional things, yes, I'll be doing those too. 

astrologically, who am I?

I am the most Libran person whom I know. Truly. My sun and moon are in Libra, as is the planet of expansion (Jupiter). My rising sign is Aquarius, so yep, I'm very airy. Love, peace, and happiness, that's me. A regular Pollyanna. 

But, I also have some strong Scorpio, which gives me more depth, so that I'm not totally away with the faeries. The first astrologer who did my chart, back in The Days Of Yore (meaning a long time ago), said that I was the person who would crawl out of the desert alive. And dragging other people out with me too. So, very determined and can just keep going no matter what. (I do have many moments when this doesn't happen though....). As well as  coping and looking after others throughout difficulties. So, I'm grateful for the way Scorpio is placed in my chart.  

I always look forward to Rocktober (playing lots of rock music), because it's spring, which I always equate with hope.

So, here's to a great solar return whenever it's your birthday. 


** link here to my yoga and spirituality blog, for a post about trauma in our aura

** link here for a post about a past birthday

** and a very Libran post here






Comments

  1. I hope your birthday this year will be a happy one, even if things are quiet. Sending you blessings for the coming year - may goodness and happiness fill your life, and bring you contentment and pleasure in all you do.
    Hugz, Mxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret. I had the loveliest time, despite lockdown. Lucky me

      Delete
  2. I’m sorry this has been such a difficult year. But your strategy for the upcoming year sounds spot on.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so hard but things have now changed a lot, for which I am truly grateful xx

      Delete
  3. I hope you have a very happy birthday even with lockdown! We usually go out to eat for my birthday but we couldn't do that last year. We ordered in instead and made a cake and it was nice as I still got time with family even if it wasn't the big extended family I usually celebrate with!

    Hope you have had a lovely weekend :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mica. Strange times, eh? Hope all is good where you are in "Stralia xx

      Delete
  4. Happy belated birthday wishes coming your way! Hope your new year turns out to be a very blessed one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. So far it's been great, lockdown considering......

      Delete

Post a Comment