Getting the All Clear

 


Ganesha, God of protection against obstacles. 

Spring has truly sprung. I always think of this season as a time of hope, and new beginnings. This certainly is so, for me, this year. 

I am one happy punter.

Why?

Because I have the All Clear from my doctor, and also my surgeon. 

Regarding the Travelling Twisting Stomach (TTS) saga and emergency operation.

I am so v-e-r-y grateful.

It has not been an easy nor pleasant year, health wise. My stomach rejected so many foods, before and after my operation. The good news is that having followed my doctor's advice, I am now able to eat all sorts of food. 

Some things I probably will never cope with, but, I couldn't before, anyway. There is a history of allergies in my family, and I am one of the recipients of this. I just work my way around it.

Sauces such as soya sauce can make me very unwell, for example, so I really don't enjoy the sushi experience. Tomatoes, eggplants and peppers - arggh - I run in terror from these. I can cope with a smidgeon of egg in a cake, but generally they make me crook. I have PTSD regarding eggs, as I ended up in hospital twice, admittedly to do with TTS, after eating them. 

Luckily, I am not much of a foodie. 

What helped me recover?

Well, as I said, I just followed my doctor's instructions. It wasn't that easy. I had to cut out acidic foods for quite a few months, and these were mostly proteins. I got really hungry even though I was eating a lot of starches and fats. I had to do low acid because I had a serious stomach infection, which got successfully bombed away with very strong antibiotics. 

I'm so glad that I had never made a career out of taking medicines, because when you do need to use them, they are miraculous. I may be a healer but I truly believe that medicine is important too.

And, low fibre for almost a year. Another tricky area. I had things like instant mashed potatoes, an overcooked tinned fruit mix, sloppy creamed corn and vastly overcooked, mushy vegies. Yoghurt, milk, cream (lots, because it reduces acidity in the stomach), white bread. My goodness, fluffy thick white bread had always been a seldom delicious treat. Within a week, I began to heartily dislike it. No coffee nor tea. 

I also took anti acids. Very low dosage, but I really did appreciate them. And flat fizzy drinks for an unhappy tummy, as recommended by a chemist. I just never had fizzy drinks. (yuk to them) So I've been using Chi, which is a notch better. Honestly, I have maybe up to 100 mls of it on a thirsty day, usually way less. So, I haven't needed much.

What didn't work

Actually I did briefly try things like slippery elm to line my gut, and other natural hints. I also paid a lot of money for a green powder mix which (apparently) is miraculous for health. All of the natural remedies made me really sick and throw up, convulsively. Heaps. Won't do any of these again.

So, it's been a lot of trial and error regarding food. I now have had orders to eat lots of fruit. Which, again, I seldom ever have done. I'm also now eating a lot of different vegetables, cooked. Haven't progressed  to raw vegies yet. I can eat proteins. Nuts. Porridge. Crackers. 

And I get less sick regarding my stomach. I had months of being doubled over, rocking for hours, trying to cope with the distress. Many days of being too weak to get up and about. But that has all finished. 

A new life beckons.

Thank you Universe.

Thank you Spring 2023. It all bodes for a great new beginning. 


Link to my talks and meditations on Earth Elders: here.  Click "join" if you haven't already, then click the search icon there, and enter "Ratnamurti Saraswati". 

Link to Global Unity Festivals on you tube, here. I'm in the Wave 1, Asia/Pacific episodes.

Link to a post explaining Global Unity Festivals, here  

Also find me

** facebook

** swami ratnamurti/facebook

** twitter

** instagram

** pinterest

** spiritual blog


You might also be interested in these links:

here is a post about being positive

And this about gratitude, which I am so into.

this is about family and it's actually even broader than this. One of the four pillars of health



 

Comments

  1. So glad to read that you are feeling so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless , Am very happy about how things have gone

      Delete

Post a Comment